Wiring a digital rev gauge to ep91 w/ rev counter

Thought id do this just for anybody looking to fit a tacho to there car. I needed one as mine only goes to 7k yet my engine goes to 8-8.5k rpm or something

I can only guarentee this for ep91's with a rev counter fitted at standard.

Firstly i purchased a £15 3 digit rev meter from ebay thats 1000, 100, 10's so 557 would be 5,570rpm accurate enough for my needs considering my stock counters 200rpm over anyway :/

i cant see there being any problems with a analog revcounter should be the same as this one, but remember always read the instructions that come with your gauge as they may differ from this ;)

So first disconnect the battery, (safety first) then start to remove the clocks, thats the 2 screws on the up side of the surround fiddle this out, then the 3 around the clock, at thi point i disconnected my speedo cable in the engine bay to allow me to pull my clocks forward enough to undo the 3 plugs one top right behine the fog and right indicator lights one just to the left of central and one top left above the fuel and temp gauge.

Once these are off you should have enough movemet to turn the clocks to remove the speedo cable, i broke mine but its not the end of the world a small cable tie around the base on assembly will hold it on fine ;) lol

Now the fun part, removing the clocks if you can lower your steering colunm, if you cant remove the steering cowl and you should be good, if you still struggle remove the steering wheel aswel

Once out turn to the back and you'll be left with this

26231c4d.jpg

Pretty simple really

Red = positive your power supply

Blue = negative earth probably black on your guage

Yellow = signal on mine in was green but instructions said blue lol

And for those of you using an analog guage you might need a switched light supply or if your not that bothered Just wire the light into the same power supply as the power feed (red circle) otherwise, trace the supply to one of the back lights wire it in and hey presto job done, now you gota fiddle it all back together reconnect the battery and test it!

And the finished product

9787a1b8.jpg

Hope this is of some use to someone otherwise i just spent precious not thinking time thinking :lol: