amp settings not got a clue

Well I got my amp into the new stereo etc but its pissin me off..

My amp had all these hi and low switches and bridges n all that stuff. I don't have a clue..

I just want my rear speakers runing off the amp but it sounds like the rear is acting like a sub, I can't see any setting on the stereo to set it as speakers though.

Can any one give me an idea what I'm doing? I've got the speakers bridged as I think that's right but even when I turn the gain up and the low pass filter off or down etc its just crap. Any ideas? I wanna know how it all works :)

You want to set your amp on to HPF high pass filter, (for just mid and top frequencies).

speakers bridged? this is what is normally done with subs due to being able to use speakers with larger impedence

if you have 2 speakers and 4 terminals, use all the terminal connections.

do you get wat i mean?

The other thing is, the phono output in the back of your head unit, some are sub only outputs an some are front/rear speaker outputs, make sure you have your phono leads pluged into the rear phono outputs otherwise you may find you wont get the full range of sound sent to the amp ;)

Also what head unit have you got someone may have a similar one and can help you out with the settings on that aswel