Right, well with my boost gauge installed I can finally give general numbers. Now, For the last couple of weeks I've been having erratic fuel cut, and I mean all the time - warm weather, cold weather, anything in between. The worst thing is that I don't push the car or anything, fuel cut usually kicks in when I'm at a steady 70mph. Thing is, I'm not running into boost induced fuel cut as at 70mph in 5th the car's at -0.2Bar of boost (OEM Dumpvalve leaks boost unless on pressed throttle).

The Boost does rise quick though, shoots to near 0.9Bar when full boost is reached around 3000rpm. Now, what could be causing the erratic fuel cut? It just keeps on cutting in, steady 70mph, through the gears, and just now going up my hill in 2nd at 2000rpm...it's just annoying me to the point I'm just going to run a Standard actuator and no FCC...it's just too much of a confidence killer, I feel as if the car will just blow up.

Mind you, I did have the fuel rail/injectors off earlier this week trying to fit an intake manifold gasket (failed), reinstalled them and that seems to have started the issues (not sure if I was running into fuel cut as often beforehand....though when I did reinstall the fuel rail/injectors I did forget to tighten the fuel rail ground, and on a 60mph journey i hit fuel cut 30-40 times...). Let me know your thoughts, I've reset the ecu several times, and either my Diagnostic Port doesn't work, or there's nothing wrong as the ECU Light stays on

get a 'Fuel Cut Defencer' - (takes away the standard fuel cut), and a 'Boost Controller' set the boost to what you want it to be at, also, it depends on what type of 'spring' you have in your wastegate....

The boost controller isn't essential, as it can only raise the boost level, not lower it....

What 'bar' do you want the car to run at?

Rob

I have a Fuel Cut Controller (JAM) and can't afford a boost controller just yet but I want to fix the issue at hand rather than avoid it...as in why is it hitting Fuel Cut so often now, surely it isn't normal

I have a Fuel Cut Controller (JAM) and can't afford a boost controller just yet but I want to fix the issue at hand rather than avoid it...as in why is it hitting Fuel Cut so often now, surely it isn't normal

okay, forget the boost controller then, do you know what type of spring you have in your wastegate?? i.e. 0.8 bar etc... and what is your fuel cut at know then?

ROB

wastegate? Isn't it controlled by the Actuator? In which case I have a JAM Actuator

im not totally sure to be totally honest as a know alot more about supra turbo's, than starlet glanza's or GT's lol.

Basically, in a wastegate, you have a spring which can be set a 0.8 bar for example, and when the turbo creates that much boost, it is released by the wastegate, thus it not going over 0.8 bar.... -which means it wont hit fuel cut, if that is set to 0.9 bar....

If you understand that lol.

Rob

well they have an external wastegate I believe, the internal wastegate of the CT9 is controlled by the Turbo Actuator - my JAM Actuator is made to produce 0.95Bar, using a stiffer spring to achieve this as well as some other refinements.

However, the car DOESN'T climb over that...I get boost cut even when in negative boost (vacuum) when cruising...it just irritates the Bejesus out of me

speed cut is 112mph/180kph in Japan is it not? And my car has had a speed cut defender installed prior to buying it (have a 180mph speedo)...and not to condone speeding, as I greatly don't, but I've been higher than the Japanese speedcut

Hey dude, i had this problem with my GT at first, quick question firstly, is the JAM acutator adjustable at all. I purchased a HKS actuator with the adjustable arm and just tweaked the boost to about 0.8/0.85 bar boost and it runs very stable never really creeps above that. Hope that might help.

Unfortunately it isn't - I'll get an HKS one for my CT9b me thinks, do you reckon it'll sort the issues? When does the standard ECU run into Fuel Cut, 0.8Bar isn't it? As i'm selling my FCC

I think the HKS would be a good option yes, it has quite a stiff spring also and its fully adjustable either way. The fuel cut kicks in at 0.85 but i noticed its more like 0.9 sometimes. I think setting it to 0.8bar is a safe option.

if you think its cutting at vacuum (i.e even when its not at 0.93bar which is what fuel cut should be), then it aint fuel cut mate :p

fuel cut will ONLY activate when you hit that level, so its something else. if its happening at like vacuum pressure, then its certainly not fuel cut.

oh right? Well what could it be? I'm just......argh.......hate the car. I left the negative unplugged on the battery and drove out for a bit, it cut once in vacuum, but otherwise, it'd cut at around 0.9Bar, but that's stock isn't it?? Please someone help me with this

It may feel like a fuel cut , but if your on vacum, it definately wont be!

It will only hit fuel cut if your around 0.9 bar.

You may have set your actuator at 0.8 for example, but it may be creeping past 0.8, and hitting fuel cut that way.

Best bet is to test drive it, take notes when it pulls back, if its doing it on vacum, id check everything else out, i cant possibly think what would feel like fuel cut if it isnt actually it.

And dont just go slapping a fuel cut defender on , with out the matching parts, ie , pump, regulator etc.

Sure way of upsetting your engine internals.

Just try and keep it off fuel cut levels untill youve sorted it, its not healthy constantly hitting the limit..

Does the car run perfect other than this "fuel cut" ?