Garage to do Crank Oil seal

• 2 weeks later...

Lol is that mate the one i've steped in to get it movin quicker hahaha. Does ma tits in tae av had mine a year now n its no turned a wheel lol. safe to say mines is nearly there tho. :) wee bit a hard work n dedication goes a long way. ;)

Thought id add a little update.

Decided to do the job myself, so ordered crank seal, oil pump seal, cambelt.

Got the aux pulley stripped off, belt covers off.

Cleaned everything till it was spotless.

Decided to run the car a bit just to double check where the leak was coming from.

Turns out its not the crank seal!!

Its coming from what i think is the rocker gasket, behind the cam pulley!

Lol FAIL well least you know those seals are done and you can have peace of mind from that and you've got the experience from it. Rocker cover seal is a peace of piss and theres a chance it might not even need replaced take off your rocker cover and clean up the surfaces and stick it back on might fix it for free.

Haha, felt like a right fanny :D

Yea atleast i know they are sorted.

The oil was running down behind the belt so was impossible to see without the covers and stuff off.

Ill give it a clean up tonight, if that doesnt help ill just replace it.

Yeah well you may aswell try it because ull have to sand it down anyway for the new one so worth trying it now incase if not then at least its sanded down for when u go to fit it. Could have been worse mate u cudda fitted a clutch then came to the conclusion you need a flywheel too :(

What do i have to sand down? The head or the rocker? or both lol

Will brake cleaner be good for cleaning everything up?

Aw man that would suck, When i changed the clutch on mine, the starter motor was a total bitch haha, was considering fitting a starting handle instead :D

Just rub down the surface on the head where the rocker cover and seal sits onto it to give it a nice smooth surface to sit on it will only take 5-10 mins to do.

Nah it wont work because your rubbing off a bit of corrosion so you need emery or sand paper.

Ano tell me about it worse doing it on the ground does my head in.