Raped by a garage... ...ABS light stuck on tried some diagnostic...

*Edit: Title ammended ;)*

So short version, my ABS lights stuck on followed a few guides on bridging terminals and a few fault codes have popped up:

31 - Right front wheel sensor signal malfunction

33 - Right rear wheel sensor signal malfunction

49 - Not a clue what this is and cant seem to find it anywhere?

Long version,

Took my car to a garage to have the drivers outer CV boot changed as my Dad (mechanic) and myself couldn't sort it on jacks and axle stands on the drive.

So dropped it into this garage went off to work, rang back later as they hadn't contacted me to let me know it was done and then went up to pick it up.

I'd provided them with a CV boot from Camskills and they hadn't fitted that but a different one claiming it wouldn't fit, I thought no big deal job done, settled up, jumped in the car and drove out of the carpark.

Driving out the carpark there was a horrible scraping noise coming from the drivers side wheel and the ABS light was stuck on took it straight back and turns out they'd managed to jam a bit of debris between the caliper and disc...

Which in turn had scored my disc rather epicly...

Ended up having to leave it with them overnight as they didn't have enough time to look at it before they closed up.

Came back next day to collect it after looking into ABS light issues and stuff and took it away with the disc still sounding like it was rubbing a bit (no where near as bad as the horrible grinding it was making before) and the ABS light still on...

When I got home had it all to pieces checking it all over again and cleaned up the ABS sensor and put it all back together followed by having a play with the fault codes and bridging the terminals as well as disconnect the battery and the brake pumpy thing to try remove the fault codes.

But the lights still on...

Anyone got any other solutions or possibly know what the fault code 49 is?

Any help would be epic

x

Edited by JAG

id go to the police, sexual assault is bad

EDIT: titles can be misleading :/

im sure i had 49 flash up on the n/a but cant for the life of me remember what it is :( might be able to pull something up on autodata for you on tuesday if its not sorted by then, drop me a text tuesday to remind me dude, my number is in my sig

ryan

Cheers man, much appriciated, I'll buzz you tuesday ;)

Thinking of just getting the drivers side sensor replaced as there's one on ebay so snap that up for cheaps and bill the garage...

See if that sorts anything out

x