Just recieved this email off my old man

Police cars suffer £2.3m damage while reversing

POLICE officers have caused more than £2.3 million worth of damage to their police cars, while reversing, according to new figures obtained following a Freedom of Information Act request.

Most were minor parking accidents as officers backed their cars into bollards, parked poorly or bumped into buildings. The crashes also left 105 officers injured - most suffering shock and whiplash.

But, the cost of repairs comes out of taxes because insurance premiums are so high that the forces do not claim for the damage.

The figures for 31 police forces across England and Wales relate to reversing incidents over the past three years and show that there were 7,348 such incidents recorded between 2004 and 2006.

However, the true cost and number is likely to be much higher as the Metropolitan Police, the largest force, was among those not to respond.

Of the forces that did provide data, Greater Manchester suffered the most with 873 incidents costing £257,000.

Colin Breed, the Liberal Democrat MP for South East Cornwall called the figures â??embarrassingâ?? and added: â??It may be that the duty of care towards these company vehicles is less than it should be.â??

There have also been calls for all police vehicles to be fitted with parking sensors. (Daily Telegraph: June 7).

Police are terrible for it, you know what gets me most is they put their light on when ever and boot it..... a young couple just round from my way was walkin home one night, off the road walking on the grass.... the police being idiots fling the light on just to boot the car... it just happend to be raining that night.

the police were on the same road as the young couple, the police car lost control and crashed taking the lifes of the young couple and their baby.

it was all over news.. there was no emergancy and they killed a family for the want of booting there little neenaw car :D

typical peelers f**K sake, there jobz are to piss us off any way they can, and same goes for getting money of us also, but whos there to keep these pigs in line like the rest of us.... Nobody, our governmant is a f**king joke im sry but im moving to japan lol

well not for a few yrs yet like :D

the missus wants to live in australia thou, its close to japan so that will do me

Police are terrible for it, you know what gets me most is they put their light on when ever and boot it..... a young couple just round from my way was walkin home one night, off the road walking on the grass.... the police being idiots fling the light on just to boot the car... it just happend to be raining that night.

the police were on the same road as the young couple, the police car lost control and crashed taking the lifes of the young couple and their baby.

it was all over news.. there was no emergancy and they killed a family for the want of booting there little neenaw car :D

Wasssup glanza love, where in ayrshire you from mate? I'm from Kilwinning!