Saxo VTR/VTS Better than Gt's and Glanza's?

wow is this still going? :ph34r:

i'll give my take on the subject:

Saxo = Walkman

GT/Glanza = Ipod Nano

just makes me laugh that most people are going on about speed and handling, when the original question is... 'Saxo VTR/VTS Better than Gt's and Glanza's?'

everyone knows that Toyota are lightyears infront of Citroen, just look at the overall package of the GT/Glanza when it was first released all them moons ago, before the technology was just but a twinkle in Citroens unreliable french eyes ;)

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think im mising your point foggy bud, december 89 was when the ep82 was introduced???????

My bad! I thougth it was the early 80's, say 82. :ph34r:

You can see where my confusion came from.

Also, correct me if i'm wrong, isn't the Saxo VTS only 120 Bhp. The 130 Bhp GT/Starlet should def have the edge there, esp. with the extra tourqe due to the turbo charger.

Also, correct me if i'm wrong, isn't the Saxo VTS only 120 Bhp. The 130 Bhp GT/Starlet should def have the edge there, esp. with the extra tourqe due to the turbo charger.

not necessarily as at higher speeds the bigger engine of the saxo will take the advantage :ph34r:

ive owned a starlet and a 106 with a gti engine, both had similar mods. my mate now owns my starlet and off the lights its pretty equal, the pug is a tad quicker until about 90 then it just pulls away. the handling on the pug is far better than the starlet too with the same suspension mods. still miss the starlet tho :ph34r:

i drove a VTR last night :ph34r:

Acceleration was real nice compared to na starlet and th handling was spot on! but it felt like i juast wantd to get a spanner and tighen things up...build quality just isnt there. the VTS may be better in that aspect, i dont know. but best part was handling...real good suspension stock! they arent as bad a i thought REALLY but i would prefer a starlet myself, just wait and get a glanza.

Mike

i drove a VTR last night :D

Acceleration was real nice compared to na starlet and th handling was spot on! but it felt like i juast wantd to get a spanner and tighen things up...build quality just isnt there. the VTS may be better in that aspect, i dont know. but best part was handling...real good suspension stock! they arent as bad a i thought REALLY but i would prefer a starlet myself, just wait and get a glanza.

Mike

Acceleration i could run faster!

You obviously aint got a turbo'd starlet!

lol cant belive this is still going..

ive never driven vtr / vts but know people who have them.

When i went in a vtr il agree and say everything feels like it needs tightening up, but i get that in my sr... probs because its stripped lol but thats not the point :D... but my gt does feel very solid.

Like ive said elsewhere the handling on my gt is spot on, its been tampered with in japan before it came over and handels better in the wet than my sr does in the dry... need to jack it up and see what its running..

N/A Starlets are like driving an airbed....

But unsure about stnd gt/v's

just my opinon....

Si