clutch fitted by garage..

Just had my clutch done by a garage, it was slipping before so i had to get it done, paid the garage 120 quid, when i returned to collect it they said that my clutch slave cylinder is leaking, so they pumped the clutch and it didnt leak when i was there, but they said that they saw it leaking and its "very worn"

Now all a sudden i cant select any gear and the biting point is literally on the floor and now it constantly changes and has no pressure in the pedal

So should i have to pay for there fault?

PS. where can i get a clutch cylinder from?

take it back. if it was leaking it would leak all the time. as for being worn they would not be able to see anything visually. basically they are taking the piss out of you. sounds like the seals have had it which would more than likely be dude to bleeding the clutch incorrectly.

you should be able to pick up a slave cylinder off a breaker cheap enough though :)

take it back. if it was leaking it would leak all the time. as for being worn they would not be able to see anything visually. basically they are taking the piss out of you. sounds like the seals have had it which would more than likely be dude to bleeding the clutch incorrectly.

you should be able to pick up a slave cylinder off a breaker cheap enough though :)

Okay cheers, so you think he should fix it for free? but i have to supply the part?

These things happen with cars i was a mechanic for years and sometimes things break especially when you are working in tht area.

Ok it could be there fault but the chances are its never been changed since the car was made making it the best part of 20 years old.

Im sure you can get them on ebay for 30 quid and even cheaper from someone who is breaking.

If you can get them to fix it then fair play to you. Me I'd just replace it anyway for the cost of 1 its pennies and you could easily do it yourself its simpler than changing the oil filter.

Thanks for all the replies, went there and told them and they said they cable tied it up and when going to put it back on they could see it had been leaking slightly, so they phoned around and managed to find it for 38quid including VAT and they will fit it first thing tomorrow morning, so quiet pleased