Remote Central Locking

Hi im new to this forum, basically i have a question about my Glanza 1997.

Im the first uk owner of my Glanza, and it arrived with a plain black single button keyfob. When i press the button on the Keyfob the little red LED flashes but its really dull like it needs a new battery?

At the moment the keyfob doesnt seem to lock or unlock the car however close i put it to the interior sensor. I went to the Toyota garage and they had a look at the keyfob and said they dont want to take it apart as it looks like its been glued together so it will just break. they can order me a new fob for £22 but they dont know how they can reprogame it to the car.

Does anyone know how to reprograme the fob to the car?

Does anyone know how to change the battery?

Thanks

James

I had a RCL keyfob on my old Glanza too -- it only worked from about 3feet away from the car tho. I was going to replace the battery but I was told to watch out because taking the battery out might reset the fob... needing it to be reprogrammed! But I didn't know how to reprogram it either sorry :wub:

• 8 months later...
Hi im new to this forum, basically i have a question about my Glanza 1997.

Im the first uk owner of my Glanza, and it arrived with a plain black single button keyfob. When i press the button on the Keyfob the little red LED flashes but its really dull like it needs a new battery?

At the moment the keyfob doesnt seem to lock or unlock the car however close i put it to the interior sensor. I went to the Toyota garage and they had a look at the keyfob and said they dont want to take it apart as it looks like its been glued together so it will just break. they can order me a new fob for £22 but they dont know how they can reprogame it to the car.

Does anyone know how to reprograme the fob to the car?

Does anyone know how to change the battery?

Thanks

James

hi mate u cant reprogram them no code works the thing i done was went onto ebay and bought a keyless central locking kit and it worked perfect :angry:

Toyota key fobs are useless..Hence why i took a hammer to mine in a slight mood swing.

Get a proper alarm system installed bro.Cobras are quality and good price.

As are Toads.Both brilliant systems for not alot of pennys <_< Any alarm fitter will install a new rcl system for an all in price.

Craig.

Hello, this is my first post, and im glad I can help with this...

Recently I purchased a EP91 here in the Dominican Republic (they are getting popular around here, with left hand steering conversion).

The thing is, I noticed my remote was also functioning strange, sometimes did not work at all. So I called in my rotary powertool to the rescue and with a smal disc I opened the case, and discovered that it doesnt work with RF, but with IR, then tried it again and from a distance of 6 ± 7 feet I can open the doors. The battery is held in place by a thin plate soldered to the back of it. Mine is working fine so no need to replace. I also made a hole in the front-left side of the remote so the IR LED can send the signal with ease. To put it together use Epoxy glue and with a little craftmanship you can leave it looking as "new", or at least you tried! :)

ill post pics when I find my camera cable...