Oil pressure sensor thread

I'm quite sure the port on a block is 1/8 BSPT. Most of the aftermarket sensors are 1/8 npt, so you have to find a adaptor. Avoid cheap ones, because there is a high risk to mess up the threads. Don't overtighten!

you will need a sandwich plate but they don't fit properly on a 4efte so you need to either grind the power steering bracket a bit or the plate itself. If it was me I'd just put an oil filter relocation kit on as it's in a bad place anyway.

With both of those t-pieces you can use a standard pressure switch + one extra 1/8npt sensor.

If you have aftermarket pressure and temp sensors with 1/8npt thread, you will need to add another t-piece for these sensors. In this case you will need both of these or one from steve-gers link + this

Intall like this:

%60T_Piece_Adaptor_1-8_in_BSPT_070.250.jpg

This pic is a bit bad, but first adapter fits to block. Second adapter fits to side port of the first adapter. Standard pressure switch / bolt fits to end of the first adapter. Aftermarket sensors fit side and end ports of the second adapter. Got it? :wacko:

Edited by JayJ

There shouldn't be any problems with the correct values, because oil will transfer heat and pressure to the sensors even the oil is not actually running pass the sensors.

Just remember to use some sealant for threads and don't overtighten :-) :thumbsup:

Loctite 565 or teflon tape will do. Sender unit needs to earth through the body, so Loctite would be better.

If you have electrical temp sensor, then there will be fitting issues with t-piece, because they are quite long :-/

I found this pic from TGTT, might be worth the job :unknw:

You need to remove bolt from the oil filter housing and find a bolt that has a threaded hole in it, but I don't have an idea what the outer thread should be :-/

temp.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Right, got my oil pressure gauge and tee fitting ready to install tomorrow, but first...a few questions...

1. How tight do these bits need to be done up, say how far along the threads as obviously they are tapered threads?

2. Is loctite blue a suitable thread sealant?

3. I've read online due to the weight of these things it can snap and cause engine failure(with the brass fittings I read) now my tee piece is silver and looks more like alloy but basically is this a safe way to do it as it shouldn't be that much weight surely