Aero Catches

How have you fitted yours?

Did you just have to measure where you bolt the pin onto the frame then cut your hole in the bonnet ?

Any advise would be helpfull as I really really don't want to mess this carbon cruise bonnet up !!!!

Thanks gents

yeah - if you put tip x or similar ontop of the bolt once its fitted to the front panel, close the bonnet - it will mark where you need to drill throught the bonnet for the pin.

Mask up that area, and use your template to mark out where you need to cut, just take your time

Edited by Danb

yeah i fitted mine before, here is how i did it :)

23rd April 2011

Fitted my new AeroCatches today to ditch the original bonnet catch and front bar section to save a bit of weight, plus the catches look the shizzle!

New catches to be drilled and cut into the bonnet, shit this is going to be a right cahoont

DSC01190.jpg

First you have to line up the catch to fit the pin which is going to be located directly underneath.

DSC01192.jpg

Then you have to grow some balls and get cutting on your bonnet, ahhhh god i hope i dont cock this up

DSC01193.jpg

DSC01194.jpg

cutting like a right bitch, it was actually quite easy once i masked off and drew with the template supplied.

DSC01195.jpg

The finished product, i really like them and they lock too which is a bonus, i can now rip out all the redundant cable crap too from the old catch.

DSC01196.jpg

Edited by Taggy

Ive seen it where you put the pins in the frame work. Then put a bit of paint on the top of the pins and then close the bonnet slowly onto them. Then lift and you have the marks to drill through, then when the hole is big enough to take the pin, close it again and then using the templates (should be supplied) place the down into the desired position and then dremel out..

yeah just mask off well triple remeasure just to make sure you have it ligned up right, then cut it out working slowly, i think it took me about 2-3hours to do it properly

I'm deffentaly planning on taking the day for it matey ! But thanks very much for the reply aswell great help