hi all

im new to this and i drive a 98 spec glanza v . running 242.6hp on td04 :)

i was wonderiing that i have a 255 fuel pump installed , did myself by chopping and joining wires and i used a connector thing and also loads of electric tape.

im being paranoid but i keep thinking the tape will come off and spark will happen and car will blow up .

am i just being stupid ?

cheers

Cut those off and solder it and use rubber heat shrink as said.

I firstly soldered mine messily so it was quite bulky, used heat shrink to insulate it, but I was paranoid the messy solder would rub through the heat shrink so also used insulating tape. The next day I checked it and the fuel fumes had melted the tape off, so I redid all the soldering after learning to do it neatly, and insulated it with heatshrink

Yeah the tape came off mine

What ive done now

Solder the wires

Cover in insulation tape(black tape)

Put heat shrink over that.

Put insulation tape on the heat shrink. Heatshrink didnt shrink enough.

Then put loadsa cable ties on the insulation tape at the edges middle etc

So even if the tapes comes loose it wont be going anywhere because of the cable ties :)

I've just checked mine, heatshrink had held but was slightly loose, so I've taken that off, then used some heat and seal butt connectors which are like crimp connectors with a hard plastic heat shrinkable coating, and then I've cable tied a length of fuel hosing over the positive wire in case it comes loose.

The only downside is its made the wiring quite tight and unflexible, however there shouldn't be much movement inside the tank so should be ok, but ill check it in a week or so