I have had a taste of Turbo power!

Hey guys just thought I'd share my experience with yoo's and pass a bit of time ;)

My mate has the new Astra SRI (Basically the 5 door version of the VXR) 200bhp but theres a sport button that puts it to 235bhp ;)

And its got a few mods so must be on par with the VXR

Had a little go of it (on a private race track officer :D) and wasnt as quick as I was expecting, felt quicker as a passenger if you know what I mean

BUT I can say that I need forced induction ;)

Willget some pics and a video of the beast, I think I prefer the shape of the 5 door Astras compared to teh 3 door VXR :p

I'm sorry to say that the Sport button DOESN'T raise power...at all...it just quickens throttle and engine response...and it may provide on overboost facility for more TORQUE for a few seconds. Quick nonetheless

Will search for you - the only car that has "Adjustable Power" are the BMW M5 & M6...all the other cars with Sport Buttons just sharpen throttle/engine response, steering response, electric damper response, and if turbocharged usually, overboost it temporarily for some extra torque in short bursts

Just checked Parkers,

The top of the range SRI is only 170bhp!! No wonder I wasnt that impressed ;)

Thought it was too good to be true, oh well looks like a FTE would give it a good go ;) smoke it infact

Right so there is a 200bhp one

My mates is exactly the same as the one in the pic ;)

FTE would still have it though only 7.7 to 60 ;)

all down to the driver mate ;)

i know which i'd rather be in round the twisties, them new astras actually handle well.

The speeds you can take roundabouts in the Astra is unreal, had a bit of fun on the duals with a Rover 200 must of been 300+bhp had blue neons and lexus lights :D ;) :p:D

The mani was a nice colour on the Astra when we stopped aswell ;)

Yea them 888's have like 700lb/ft of torque I heard :D gorgeous looking though I must say ;)

I know how your feeling Sparky, after driving my brothers GT it makes me wanna stop all the bodywork and buy a FTE for mine! But its obviously not gonna happen because of insurance!!

And I obviously drove it on a private road ;)

Yea them 888's have like 700lb/ft of torque I heard ;)

Ummm, I don't think so....2nd time you've been fooled....don't even make half that, 330lb/ft. If a 6.0L Twin Turbo V12 from Mercedes is "limited" to around 869lb/ft, I doubt a 1.9L Turbo Diesel from Vauxhall would make 700lb/ft

There nice cars did he buy it brand new from thurlby motors?

erm he deff brought it brand new, well his dad did lol, and il find out, but i guess so as it kinda says it on that van in back ground...

• 4 months later...

how dare u post up pics of a......VAUXHALL on UKSC Lewis!!! wots the matter with u!!! sometimes i wonder why i formed Wheelbarrows Inc and run about in tight tight speedo fighting crime with u!!!!! :D :D :D :D

i'll give them this tho, they're not a bad lookin motor, very aggressive lookin.

Phil.

Yet to see a white one bet they are lush :p mmm black wheels you say :lol:

Bring it on remember I am the other half of WheelBarrows Inc and Fiat owners DO NOT scare me!!!! mwwahahaahahaa :p

Damn why do you always have the last laugh :p :P

I will be back......this is NOT the end of this!!! :lol:

*Stay tuned to see if Wheelbarrows Inc will still be crimefighting after this little arguement* ;)

For all you guys think what the fuck is Wheelbarrows Inc....its a long story :p