Advice for fitting exhaust manifold

Going to be changing my japspeed manifold for a ported standard mani soon. I have a civic rad fitted so shouldn't need to remove that for access. Has anyone got any tips for doing the manifold. I'll soak all the bolts the night before to help loosen them. I'm no mechanic but I have a good understanding of what I'm doing.

Cheers Andy.

Don't over-tighten the nuts when you put the new manifold on. Especially around the 4th runner, you'll end up snapping a chunk of the head off. Run it for a few mins to get it warm before you crack them off. Clean up the flange on the manifold and around the ports on the head with some sandpaper before you put the new gasket on. When removing or tightening the nuts, start from the centre and work outwards.

Brilliant, that's exactly what I was after :) thank you for the advice. Doesn't seem too hard. I'll just have to be careful.

If you do the above you can't go wrong. Even if you're using a torque wrench make sure you torque up the nuts slowly. Don't tighten one fully then move Onto the next One, do one halfway, then the next halfway, and so on, then start from the beginning and tighten them up a bit more. They're not hard to do really, unless you swing off the spanner you cant really go wrong! good luck!

Work your way outwards in a spiral pattern. Also is your decat braced? If it is then when you put the turbo kit on you want to tighten the mani bolts with your fingers so u can still wiggle the kit about. Then get someone just to lift the kit while its in place just to take the weight off it. Than tighten your brace bolts right up.

This effectivelyputs the whole weight of the kit onto the brace rather than the head or the mani. Not doing this is the main reason most manis crack. Very rarely even with cheap ebay 1s its not the poor quality that causes the crack but poor fitment and the weight of the whole turbo, decat, exhaust all being on the mani.