On starting my ep82 from mild warm, she has a seriously erractic idle for a few seconds and then starts to hunt a little and will drop to at a point where she stalls.

Any suggestions on reasons why would be helpful as its only when shes not quite cold. She recently had a coolant temperture sensor, not sure if it was related but it was something I tried.

Wondered if anyone else had come across a similar issue.

Thanks Sammie

Me and lew had the same problem mine has gone away now im not driving it everyday but lew still got it from time to time. Now his cars back at td getting more work done might find the problem

would be interest if anyone new anything about this to

May as well join the girl post :)

I had this problem last year (although not to the point of the car stalling) after I rebuilt the engine. Number of things you could check I guess-

Check your lambda sensors is okay- unlikely but always worth a look because it might be reading wrong

Check if your ignition timing is right, it might be out and so will idle too low- this was my problem

Check the actual ignition wiring- if its the original loom then toyota did a crap job of the wiring and i've noticed age means its loose/breaking on a lot of GTs

Check air valves, they might need cleaning out (get blocked up with carbon) or might need replacing

Not got any other ideas so if all else fails- remember your cars not meant for stopping! :p