Water in footwell bung is in place matrix already bypassed?

I have a small watering hole in my passenger football. n00b question you may think. However i have searched. It doesnt smell like coolant. The heater matrix has already been bypassed by previous owner with a piece of copper pipe and jubille/spring clips. The bung in the floor pan is in place.

However my coolant level is dropping. Lost my expansion tank since saturday :(

I think they must be two separate issues. The door seal seems fine. It is the original screen.

Any help would be so welcome. As you can imagine today was an interesting job of de-icing the inside of my car :(

There isnt any issues associated with bypassing the matrix is there? and has this been done correctly by joining inlet/outlet.

Could you stick up a few pictures of the bypassed matrix setup if you can dude ?

So no heaters then man ?

To answer your question id check its not coming in through the door, as the window motor might have been replaced due to them failing, common issue. So the plastic guard might have been ripped etc.