Battery Relocation (Help & Advice)

I'm looking to relocate my battery in boot,just looking for help and advice from anyone that has done so.

Can Negative of battery just be earthed to body or boot floor ?

Do I just make Positive wire from engine loom longer and run into car through to boot ?

Thanks in advance, Stevie

Negative can be done like that yes. But i had an issue with mine starting so ran an earth from an engine earth down my drivers side earthing it out in my drivers foot well and suspension tower then onto the battery. Just gives it a dedicated supply.

And positive yeah i used a eye crimp on the old connection and put a small bolt through it then taped it up and taped it into the loom.

If you want to make a good job of it, you can get terminal boxes. Skylines use them for jump starting etc as the batteries in the boot of them. They look like a small fuse box, open it up and theres the two terminals ready to put some leads on if need be. It also makes the connections safer if done this way

Yeah that should work, one for pos and one for neg.

The other thing I've seen done used these

http://www.electricalcarservices.com/Bus-Bars/Power-Posts/Pass-Through-Panel-Studs/Pass-Through-Panel-Studs/Jump-Start-Connector-Red-ECS-VBCJB374N0N02__p-289-333-1540.aspx

You can get red and black and bolt them through the bulk head, so no visual wires as they would be hidden out the way on the other side of bulkhead (behind dash) but then you always have the terminals there to jump from if need be :)