Lost VOSA cert,but i live in Ireland?

My Starlet was only imported to Ireland in August of this year, i bought it off the guy in September because the turbo needed replaced and the car came with a VOSA pass certificate, (but without an actual MOT disk which i thought was weird but i didnt worry about it.)

Anyway problem is i've lost the Vosa certificate which i need to tax the car which is due at the end of next month, i havent yet registered the car in my name (will be doing so next week) but im wondering how exactly i can get a replacement Vosa cert?

Especially since we dont have Vosa over here we just go to an mot centre and order a new one, f the car is registered in your name.

Can anyone shed light on what i should do atm?

Register the car in my name and then phone up a Vosa company in England and explain my situation?

Any help appreciated as always guys

Or can i obtain a certificate from a local MOT centre even though its last was acros the water?

Surely its all one big database though??

Edited by Ryan_EP82 GT

we dont get mot disks across here just the cert. if you lose it you need to go to a mot test center and pay for a replacement dunno if you could get it over there tho but its one big database for us. i had to prove i was the owner of the car before they would issue mine

Whats an nct James? I wasnt the one who imported it, i bought it straight off the fella that did within a month or two.

Shaun do you think if i get the car registered in my name i could get an mot certificate from Ireland? Or would i need to phone a vosa centre in England and then go through what you did proving the car was mine etc..

Thanks,Ryan

as far as am aware u cant call vosa and request a new one you need to goto a test center and pay them to get you a copy. so would just ask your local place if they can get you a copy. dont see any reason why it would be a different database.

• 3 weeks later...