How 2: Wire Up An Amplifier

This is an amp wiring kit:

7b2d_1.JPG

In your amp wiring kit you will get the following

Power lead - Usually about 5 metres long

Earth lead - Usually about 1 metre long

Phono lead & remote wire - Usually about 5 metres long

Fuse holder

Firstly, rip out your head unit. Connect the Blue remote wire to a Blue wire that comes out of the back of your headunit, which usually has a little sticker saying Remote on it. Then connect your phono leads to the back of the headunit, making sure the colours match up correctly.

Pass these wires through the back of your centre console, so that they're all in your front drivers footwell. Hide the wires up behind the pedals somewhere, take the plastic cover off to make it easier/tidier if you wish.

Then open the car door and pop off the sill cover, pass the wire through under the carpet. Fold over your back seats, and pull the wire out from somewhere there. Once its all through, you can fit your sill cover back on and fit your headunit back in place.

Pass the wires through to the boot of your car, leave the seats folded over for the power lead.

Now for the power lead, this need to be connected to your battery. In the engine bay theres a rubber bung behind the stock airbox location, pull it out and pass the power cable down that. Put your hand up behind the glovebox in search to grab this lead!

Once you've got it, tuck it under the carpet and pass it through to the boot of your just like you did on the other side with the phono leads.

You'll now need to fit the fuseholder to the power lead. Connect the power lead to the positive side of your battery, and cut the wire somewhere more than 6 inches away from the battery. Fit your fuseholder between this cut and obviously put a fuse in it!

Right, now its just the earth to do. Fold over the rear seats and lift up the boot carpet to find a bolt attached to the body of your car. Earth the lead on to that.

Connect your leads to the amp, making sure the right ones go in the right place! Don't let the positive and the negative touch or else you'll blow the fuse in the power lead, easily replaced though.

Now connect your subwoofer/speaker to your amp, and tune your amp to the speakers needs. Don't tune it too high or else you'll end up blowing whatever your powering!

Sorry about some of this not making much sense, but its 2.12am so theres my excuse!

Can this topic please not be locked till I've sorted it out which I'll get done in the next few days :)

Perfect How 2 matey.

Sorry but i have one minute problem with it though. The power lead is meant to go down the drivers side and the phone & remote leads down the passenger.

The reason for this is the power MUST be on the opposite side to the petrol filler as if you have any problems with it and/or you have a petrol leak then it can cause catastrophic problems like your car being completely burnt out in less than 2 minutes. I've have seen this done to a poorly fitted system in an old fiesta and believe me it aint pretty.

You could even add a few pics for the not so technically minded. i can even give you some if you want.

Other than that the how 2 is spot on.