Seen as though everyone is sick of lsd questions popping up i thought id put another one out there ;)

Basicaly ive got all the parts now for the magical 200 ponies and ive heard that a lsd is highly recomended but the thing is they all cost a small fortune is there any cheap ones/value for money because as far as i can see there all well over a grand!

On another note are they easy too fit?

To answer your second question

http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/59358-a-guide-to-fit-an-aftermarket-quaife-lsd/#entry761705

To answer your first you will be looking at £350-400 minimum for a diff, or a good box with an aftermarket diff would start at £550 i should think :)

350 - 400 Im guesing this is for second hand aftermarket diff?

Yea mate, you might get lucky with someone selling one new for around that though, but seriously, if you're willing to spend £600 on coilovers £600 on a diff is well worth it, it made the biggest difference in handling to my car out of all the mods I've done to it. (I got lucky and got a box with one fitted for £150 unknown to the previous owner!)

Just gives you a new level of confidence in the cornering ability of your car, but you would want to get the right diff to suit your driving style though :)

Again it depends on the diff, they all react differently, mine doesnt seem very active in a straightline so still spins a bit but in cornering its really noticable, i can carry so much more speed through a corner that i would normally start understeering around

What diff you got Morgey?

You either have the choice of Helical or Clutch type diffs.

Helical don't require rebuilding, don't make any noise or knocking, and some like the quaife uses regular gear oil. However I've found that they don't give as much feedback as a clutch type.

Clutch type lock quite harshly, require rebuilding every so often, need the use of friction modifier gear oil, however they do grip amazing. Even at 300+bhp theres little to no wheelspin. Many of the cluthc type also allow you to change the torque preload and how active the diff is, ie 1 way, 1.5 way, 2 way.

Edited by AdamB

Have a read of the guide i made above a while back for fitting, easy enough job, i decided to go for the Quaiffe helical, purely because like said above its quite, no clunks and once fitted you can forget about it, the Cuso clutch type do require you look after them and they can be very noisy and really horrible if the wrong gear oil is used. :)

You can buy a brand new Cusco MZ from RHD japan for like £700, rebuild kits are around £200 I think. Bare in mind shipping on top of that also. TRD ones are about the same, but RHD don't stock a rebuild kit for the TRD unit so I'm unsure of where you would get one of those from unless TRD direct still stock them.

If it was being used in a race event it would need rebuilding every season, just to ensure it remains tight. As when the diff plates wear out it just acts like a normal open diff. I suspect on a road car probably around 20-30 k miles depending on how hard you drive it.

Edited by AdamB

ohh my god!! i didnt even know this rhd japan site existed it might have just become my new favourate website :p and think ill go for the cusco mz when it comes to getting one thanks for the help dudes :)

This is how good the cusco diff is with 300+ hp

Mines just an OEM levin diff, i think is a helical type but not too sure, i originally planned on buying the box to fit an aftermarket diff to, but turned out it had one already so just fitted it and it transformed the car!

Ah nice bargain there then!

Edited by AdamB