notch out the block for scat rods. Help Please!!

Just phoned an engine builder to find out how much it would be to get my bottom end assembled. After i told him i needed notches taken out of the block he said that it would have to be built twice, therefor costin near twice as much. Can anyone provide any measurments to save him doing this? also some pictures would be very helpful. Im on a tight budget and dont fancy paying for it twice!

thanks

The will need to do a dry fit and check the rotation to see how much material needs to be taken off for the notching and then take it apart again to notch the block and rebuild again!

As far as i know there are not really any measurements for how much a block needs to be notched as casting marks on every block are different.

Im sure somone will clear this up if I am wrong.

Agree with what HD has said.

Build the bottom end up, even if its just 1 rod at a time, then mark the position that needs to be notched. Get the dremel out and take some material off, any good engineer will be able to tell by a good eye how much needs to be removed and will get it right pretty much first time.

It only needs the crank in, and one rod at a time. Can't see it taking anymore than a couple of hours tbh.

All he needs to do is put the crank in with the caps in, just one at each end will do and hand tighten the bolts, rotate it and keep doing that until it rotates freely, with a bit of extra clearance for safe measure, then he can visibly see the 1st one, copy it for the rest.

I think i paid about £100 for them to do the notching if i remember correctly,