My USDM Tercel/Starlet Ep82 WIP (Work in Progress)

My car started out as a standard 1996 Toyota Tercel (1.5L 5EFE-92hp)

My first mods were custom catback exhaust, custom ram intake, and a homemade 50shot of the laugh gas.

th_StandardTercel.jpg

This was all fine and dandy but I got tired of filling the bottle. I then fell in love with Turbos. I shoe horned in all the turbo bits from an Ep82 starlet. I ran mild boost (6-8psi) and produced 130 hp to the wheels. It ran this way for about 3 years before the head gasket gave out.

I then opted to install a complete Ep82 Starlet GT motor and transmission. Because I had seen what a nightmare the wiring had been for others doing this project, I opted to buy a complete JDM front clip and swap out all the wiring along with the engine and transmission.

th_Starletfrontclip.jpg

The Starlet clip also included front end suspension/handling goodies that were not standard on the Tercel so I swapped those out too.

th_untitled-2.jpg

The car is not finished yet but it is functional and performs like a champ. I have surprised quite a few people out there with this cars performance. Where it lacks speed, it makes up for it in handling.

th_IMGP1310.jpgth_IMGP1308.jpgth_IMGP1307.jpgth_epextreme2.jpg

Right now I'm running:

Stock boost

N1 Apexi exhaust

Supra fuel pump

Conical filter intake

Sprint lowering springs

16 inch Monaco (Smith) rims.

In the future, I plan to rebuild my blown 5EFE turbo motor ,the right way, and use it in another Tercel. I would like to build a low budget Time Attack/Touge car.

I'm currently looking for an extra ECU or the TOM's ECU upgrade

Does anyone know what sort of boost this motor can run without modifying the fuel?

I'm new to Extreem Ep and would appreciate any tips gaining more power on a budget.

Thanks in Advance

hey uk yank welcome to uk starlet club, hopefully you will become an active member on this site and participate in some of the banter,

have you got any better picd of the front, looks like you have gt turbo lights and bumper on there,????

the front page of the site will go online this wk with alot of technical info that could help you but to answer your questions

its 3.15 am so il rattle through your questions,

there are a few jam and sard ecus i could help you source if you want,

they will remove the fual cut and supply the fualing but each aftermarket ecu is usually mapped for the mods on the car in japan so your best and cheaper bet would be a pigy back fual computer,

the cheapest beaing an safc, after that an emanage blue,

without modifying the fual your limitied to about 12psi,

uprate the actuater

get a larger fual pump and sort out the fualing then

15psi is possible which is close to 200 at the fly

if you have any more questions just ask

welcome to uksc

ps your car would handle ten times better with a whiteline arb and anti lift kit

• 3 weeks later...