Hey guys just wondering what people did for there speedo's when they were imported, i want to change it over to mph and de-limit it. Someone said that setrans do a mechanical speedo converter and it takes the limit up to 180mph? Also if the car comes in kmh and i swap to mph then the milage is obviously going to read higher than it is? Just after any idea's of what to do?

Hey.

Have a look on ebay, theres plenty of speedo convertors on there..

Remember though, you get what you pay for..So spend a bit more on a decent quality one, as the cheaper ones die after silly low milage.

Find youre speedo cable, at the back of the gearbox, unscrew it, screw in youre convertor and then screw youre cable back into the convertor housing.

2 minute job.

It will not "de-limit" youre car though..

If youre talking about delimiting it, you will need a speed limit defencer such as a HKS SLD.

They splice into youre ecu just like a fuel cut defencer would.

that will remove the jap limit and let you go as high as it possible can do with out holding back.

Remember that when you fit the convertor, you will have to stick a little white sticker over the K , in the KM/H on the dial face for it to pass the mot.

It will then read correct speed, ie: if youre doing 30mph, the needle will be on what would have been 30km/h

Also take note of the milage it has done before you fit the convertor, because as soon as youve fitted it, it will have a combination of km's and miles.

say when i got mine for example, it had one 45,000 km's .. it now reads 60,000 on the milometer, 45,000 are km's andthe rest is miles.Take note for when you come to sell the car on.

if somebody comes to view it, and they look at the speedo and it says 80,000 for example, they will probably assume its 80,000 miles and walk away lol so just remind them its combined because of the convertor. Hope that makes sense?

erm, semtans?

Never heard of them

If its just a mechanical unit that fits onto the speedo cable it wont delimit it bud.

Youll have to buy an electronic unit like the hks sld to remove it..

OR some ecu's remove the speed limit etc :(

Hope thats some help