My Problem Starlet

hey, haven't posted on here for a while... because.... (dare i say it..) i gave up on the ol' starlet.

.... im sorry....

but... i kinda need help. i was washing it the other day, and fell back in love with it again... but i have a few technical problems... (i think their possibly major..) and i just wanted to ask if it's worth keeping it, and working on it. or get a new car.

my car still runs fine, and works without breaking down... but....

a previous owner had torn out the electronics (i did not know this until lately, when i went to get another key cut)...

but my alarm doesnt work... the central locking does not work. and the light (when you open a door) doesnt come on (the one inside the car, and the one by the speedo')

so yeah, any ideas how much this would cost to get fixed.. or later?

The central locking needs a blue control box behind the instrument cluster, check it's there and plugged in.

Beyond that, all I can do is state the obvious I'm afraid, check all fuses are fine, and all connectors are firmly plugged in. The interior light in my green one died, fuse and bulb both fine, after a while it came back to life on it's own, :(

cheers for the advice... but...

i was going to the Toyota dealer to get a new key for my car, so that i would have a spare set (which i did not get, when i bought my car) and the guy said i could get one (key with a chip-due to the immobilizer) so all was good, until i turned up to collect it.

he needed to 'input the data' or somethin, and to do that, the cars circuits needed to be set up, but apparently mine have purposely been 'ripped out' i think his words were...

and he didnt wanna touch it after that... 'because the alarm might just go off- and i wouldnt be able to turn it off'... i was just wondering if any one else has had a problem like this, or is the guy being a dick about it?

Correct me if I'm over simplifying things here...

But your alarm don't work, you've got one key...why need another? I only have one on my car, only got one for all the cars I own.

If the alarm is broken, it's not going to 'work' when a chipped key is used. I'd just rip out the alarm, get a sigma cat 1 or similar fitted and let the auto elec sort it out as that controls central locking etc.

I'd say the important bit is thinking seriously about why you want to keep the car and why you fell out with it...and what you'd replace it with. I bought this ep I drive now, specifically to be a track car..it's cheaper to tune and run than anything else I could get, like an evo or cossie etc. So I don't mind spending cash on it as it's cheaper all round anyway :lol: Ofcourse, if I got a garage, I'd sell it and get that ultima project underway, been promising myself that for a few years now