It's been a while since I posted... Nothing new to report really other than I've just been looking after and maintaining the car.

I put some new disks and EBC Yellowstuff pads on the front at the weekend, feels a hell of a lot nicer when braking now. Noticeable upgrade over the standard pads which were on it.

It's still going strong, and sailed through an MOT today.

I have some plans coming up... I've just ordered a set of Poly engine mounts as I noticed my standard ones are fairly deteriorated, which will probably explain the bit of movement/juddering I can feel when shifting. That should give a nice positive feel when they are in.

Other plans are coilovers, decat, hard intake pipe and various poly suspension bushes.

Edited by Sherb87
  • 4 weeks later...

A full set of Powerflex engine mounts were fitted today... The difference is amazing, everything feels so solid and smooth. Gear changes are much more precise/ positive.

Reading about the Powerflex bushes, I can see that some people aren't sure about them due to the hardness - with increased noise and vibration. In my opinion they aren't too bad, there is an increase, but it is definitely liveable, in my particular set up anyway.

Main difference I have noticed is gearbox whine, which is quite prominent. There wasn't any before, so I assume it is related to the mounts!

That's another job done anyway! :-)

Edited by Sherb87

What does the custom exhaust sound like chief?

Love the look of it and wanting something more subtle for mine, for same reasons

To be honest, it is very subtle in terms of the noise as well as how it looks. It does have a centre silencer as well, which I would probably take out next time around to give it a louder sound. As it's probably a little too quiet if anything. Still burbles, has a low tone and pops a bit though. It still sounds lovely, just not as loud as people expect a Starlet to be!

Probably what im looking for tbf. Whats it like on idle, Isnt too brutish? And How much did it cost if you dont mind me asking?

It just has a nice low burble. Especially when warmed up. Still sounds nice! I needed ear plugs on idle when I first got it! Ha!!

It was 280 for the cat-back. Reasonable though as that includes it coming down off the cat, into a flexi, then a mid silencer and then the rear silencer/tailpipe, complete 2.5" system. The beauty is, you can have it what size you like and whatever style tailpipe you want.

• 10 months later...