Hello All!

After a brief spell away from Jap, I have decided to come back... As lets face it, they are the best :D

I used to have an Nissan Almera GTi, which I owned for over 5 years making it into a beast, with all the breathing mods, cam's, suspension mods etc...

I sold the Almera and bought a Leon Cupra R225, which I am not going to lie, was an awesome machine with a few tasteful mods giving it 260bhp and 315lb/ft of torque! But for the cost of the car and the cost to look after it, I just wasn't using it enough. I was literally using it for a few miles here and there.

So I decided that would sell it, get the cash back and just have a little commuter, like a Fiesta or something....

Then a friend of mine said he was interested in the Leon and said that I could have his Starlet in exchange (Plus cash my way). So I thought perfect!... As its small, cheap to insure, cheap to tax and cheap to maintain. (And better than a Fiesta!) Not to mention it is extremely good fun as well!

So its a 1994 Quad light version of the EP82. The car is very rough around the edges... It has dents, scratches, paint missing etc... So it is far from a show car. In all honesty, I do not intend to turn it into the most immaculate thing you have ever seen, I am just going to run it around and have some fun! Maybe tidy up a few cheap bits along the way.

I am still getting to grips with what the car has, but I shall list what I know:

(Up to date as of 01/03/2013)

CT9 Hybrid Turbo
Front Mount Intercooler
AFPR
HKS EVC
HKS FCD

HKS Adjustable Actuator

Apex'i Dump Valve
Apex'i Power Intake Induction Kit
Rams Horn style Manifold
Custom 2.5" Stainless Cat-back, 3" inward rolled tip

Lowered on Tein Springs and KYB shocks

5Zigen Steering Wheel

Race Harness/belt

Boost Gauge on A Pillar
Optional Extra Recaro Seats

I don't have many good pictures yet...

20130209_102749_zpsc2f503e1.jpg

So, when I got the car last week, it had a full system with Blitz Nur Spec backbox, and it had no silencers whatsoever... I wouldn't have minded this if I lived in the middle of nowhere. But it was far too noisy for the neighbours and even for myself at times..

So I took a trip over to Stafford to have a new exhaust system built, something a lot more subtle. He was the chap that built the system on my Almera. (Unique Exhausts - I would highly reccomend!!).

So now it has a 2.5" Cat-back, This goes through to a 3" inward rolled tip:

Like so:

20130213_113044_zps3d9c78c4.jpg

Other then that, it has had a couple of new tyres on the front...(Uniroyal Rainsports)

I have an Apex'i Power Intake (Came with the car but was never fitted), which I am going to try and fit at the weekend, but I need to make some sort of adaptor to make it work. Should be interesting...

Here are a couple of random pics:

20130209_102810_zps8675aa03.jpg

One of the engine, its a bit dirty, but it works... :D

20130209_103442_zpsa4bbc525.jpg

I will report back with any changes when I make them!

Edited by Sherb87

Cheers guys!

So far so good, its a fun little beast....

It appears that the HKS EVC is set at 0.75bar, with the alternative setting at 0.95... Need to get a manual for it to be honest as I can see myself blowing stuff up! Lol...

Unfortunate that I don't know the history of the car and who/how the car was set up?

If anyone has info on these EVC's that would be grand?!

Lots to learn I think!

• 2 weeks later...
I managed to get the new air filter on and mounted properly over the weekend.

The filter that was on it was looking a bit sorry for itself... Like so:

20130216_144635_zpse4c13dc9.jpg

It was attached to a piece of hosing via the stainless piece of pipe and a few silicon adaptors... It was also just resting behind the grill with a cable tie, so it was constantly moving and banging around.

I managed to find an old adaptor plate from an old car, which I re-drilled to suit the new Apex'i, then I used one of the silicon adaptors off the old filter:

20130216_144654_zps3646876e.jpg

Then it needed mounting properly, so I used a flat piece of aluminium which I (and a helpful assistant) drilled and bent to suit. We used the intercooler bracket to attach it to, then the other end simply bolted to the filter. So now it is sat in a better place and fully supported. Connected it all back up again and job was a gooden!:

20130216_152635_zps5424b36d.jpg

20130216_154409_zpsf6ee7e51.jpg

So that is another little job done! :D

Thought of a few other bits the car has, but wasn't listed... So I have updated first post.

5Zigen Steering Wheel

Boost Gauge on the A pillar

Race Harness/belt

Also noticed a HKS Adjustable actuator...

I will keep adding bits I find! :D

• 1 month later...
Hello All,

I finally managed to give the car a bit of TLC... I gave it a good clean and polish. It came up pretty nice to be fair:

It is still tatty in places, but not too fussed as it looks ok!

I am also in search of some help... Now the weather has warmed up a little, it appears my clutch is slipping... But randomly, only when warm. It doesn't do it at night or first thing in the morn. Has anyone had this happen before? Strange how it seems temperature related, as when its cold weather it engages like a beast!!!

Cheers!

• 2 months later...

I am going to respray my alloys tomorrow as they are a mess.... I was going to just do a straight up black... nice and simple...

I would be interested to see some black EP82's with other colours, so if you have pics, please post them :)

Opinions welcome too! :thumbsup:

So I decided on going for black, as it was easy and didn't want to run the risk of not liking the colour... So here is Saturdays work:

From this:

http://s144.photobucket.com/user/danshieber/media/20130706_132659_zps41092b4c.jpg.html'>20130706_132659_zps41092b4c.jpg

http://s144.photobucket.com/user/danshieber/media/20130706_133020_zpsb76e2456.jpg.html'>20130706_133020_zpsb76e2456.jpg

To this:

http://s144.photobucket.com/user/danshieber/media/20130706_134018_zps0992b4a4.jpg.html'>20130706_134018_zps0992b4a4.jpg

http://s144.photobucket.com/user/danshieber/media/20130706_143152_zps40c1db71.jpg.html'>20130706_143152_zps40c1db71.jpg

To be honest, up close they don't look too great. It is my first time doing it and if I were to do it again I would take longer prep-ing the wheels... My aim was never to make them perfect, as the rest of the car isn't the best condition anyway.

They look a lot better than before though and I didn't want to go too over the top on price. This cost me a whopping £30....

I shall upload some pics of them on the car once I have cleaned it! :D

• 8 months later...

It has been a while since I updated anything.... As I was sitting back, planning to not really do anything with the car apart from run it about.

But after thinking long and hard, summer coming up, shows and meets coming up... I couldn't help myself!

The car is currently in the body shop, having the roof and pillars re-sprayed (as there was a severe lack of paint!). Also the bumper is being repaired and resprayed (It had a hole from a side exit exhaust). I get the car back on Monday, so I will post some before and after pics...

On top of that, I have some genuine wind deflectors to go on... Then it is having a full detail and machine polish (Seemed appropriate after having the body work done!)

So it should be looking rather sexual very soon! Can't wait!

I plan on getting a new intercooler too, as the one I have has seen better days and I need some shiny chrome in my life! :thumbsup: Does anyone know much about the Toyosport intercoolers? They have one at a similar size to the one I have for a pretty good price! Just after a cheap and cheerful replacement to be honest. Or any other recommendations that aren't going to break the bank are welcome!

It currently has an XSPOWER 27x7x4" cooler on it....

Cheers for now!

So here are a couple of snaps... Roof before:

y2y2ajyt.jpg

Roof after:

paravyse.jpg

Bumper before:

aqyzame7.jpg

Bumper after:

araqy4e5.jpg

So it is looking a lot more fresh now! Just need to give the car a good detail!

Next - wind deflectors, new intercooler and new indicators (drivers side is missing plastic off the edge that meets the grill)

Good Times!

Edited by Sherb87
  • 2 weeks later...

So the car has now had a full machine polish, which has transformed the car! The car is still old and worn in places, but most blemishes and swirls have been removed! Very happy!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I have an order from Opie oils on its way, engine and gearbox oil...

I opted for the Fuchs Titan Supersyn for the engine, and Motul 300 for the box. Should give it a nice feel.

So I will get that done in the next week.

With the mods I have, I assume there is some sort of aftermarket engine management? How would I find out what it has? I don't even know where the ECU is located! Just interested that's all...

Looking very nice dude, the ecu is behind the glove box, if it has an aftermarket plug and play they normally have manufacturer stickers on the front and seals on the sides

Cheers dude, I shall investigate!