Building a reliable, big power EP....best way

Just looking into this at present.

I'm trying to build a reliable, 250-300hp EP to make the most of the suspension and brake setup on the car. What I'm thinking is the following:

5E block (does this mate to the 4e bottom end or do I need a 5e crank case aswell?)

forged pistons to fit the 5E block (what size? anyone know?)

ported head (will 4e fit on 5e, or should I use the whole 5E lump...bearing in mind I want easy modding)

balanced crank

uprated rods

some lairy cams (anyone know best duration? for good allround power)

possibly valves and valve springs etc.

K24-26 turbo setup

My main thing is finding out about the 1.5ltr upgrade and whether I can get away with just the block mated to the 4e crank and all that.

if you're going to do a 5e/4e Hybrid you will need:

4e/custom pistons

5efhe/custom connecting rods

5e block

5e crank

5e flywheel & clutch (I have a barely Used CAP 5e Paddle clutch for sale...cheap)

Whilst you're at it, may as well bore the block out to 74.5 or 75mm and get pistons to suit. Heads are all the same from 4e - 5e series engines. Camshafts, there's 250, 254, 262 & 280 degree...I don't know how they apply to actual applied powerbands though.

if you're going to do a 5e/4e Hybrid you will need:

4e/custom pistons

5efhe/custom connecting rods

5e block

5e crank

5e flywheel & clutch (I have a barely Used CAP 5e Paddle clutch for sale...cheap)

Whilst you're at it, may as well bore the block out to 74.5 or 75mm and get pistons to suit. Heads are all the same from 4e - 5e series engines. Camshafts, there's 250, 254, 262 & 280 degree...I don't know how they apply to actual applied powerbands though.

Riko,

Found a full Sera engine for 300 quid, presuming that's the correct 5e lump....does the 4efte gearbox fit with the 5e flywheel and clutch, need to change the driveshafts or anything? and what's custom about the rods?

cheers :lol: