Painting the floor pan, which paint?

As title really, I'm looking at painting the inside of my car in the next few days, im wondering which paint would be best to use? It looks as if someone has already tried to paint the inside as there is brush marks behind the rear door cards. I know a lot of people use smooth hammerite, but will this leave brush marks when painted on?

The spare wheel well has been painted with a rattle can and has started to flake, so will I be better off getting some smooth hammerite or a rattle can job?

Thanks

Adam

It probably flaked off because it wasnt cleaned properly before spraying. If it was me goin for a stripped interior I would be using spraycans the same colour as the car. Surely hammerite would look crap would it not? Are you taking out the sound deadening stuff?

It probably flaked off because it wasnt cleaned properly before spraying. If it was me goin for a stripped interior I would be using spraycans the same colour as the car. Surely hammerite would look crap would it not? Are you taking out the sound deadening stuff?

I think the sound deadening has already been taken out mate. I am swaying towards using a rattle can and just taking my time with it, I've heardof people using hammerite before which is why I asked. I've got brush marks on the inside of the rear door cards but don't know what was used.

If your going to use paint try and do as much as you can with a little roller!! Works spot on,

Cheers for the tip mate :)

Ive painted mine with white hammerite smooth ans with a small foam roller easily picked up in homebase for a couple of quid. The back of mine was done 2 years ago and still looking good.

All i will say is give it a go over with some course sandpaper and a bit of thinners on a cloth to get all the shit up. leave to dry and paint away!

Cheers Wardy!

I did check out your car in the photo gallery section of stripped out ep's. Looks proper posh mate. I will be giving it a good going over with somthing like a 120 grit paper, then prob go for a 300/400 grit to get any last shit up and to get a good finish before painting.

How was it going over all the lumps and bumps with a small roller? The smooth hammerite stuff doesn't leave any brush marks in the tight area's then?

Thanks again.