15x8 et 36 225/50 wheels + tires

going for r88 225 tires up front to try get power down and better corner grip on track, seeing alot of track civic's in the states using 8/9 j's with 225 hence the idea

i know its a big tire but its for a purpose

I'll say you'd struggle, might be worth speaking to the Cypriot/Irish guys as some of them run drag tyres that are quite large

205s will have been plenty I'd have thought as most of us run 195. Rbz has 205/50s and he had to roll his arches

He mentioned civics in the states running 8/9J, i tried 8J myself and its ridiculous on the civic and a complete pain, in the states they are mad for it but would have had a lot of arch work done

He mentioned civics in the states running 8/9J, i tried 8J myself and its ridiculous on the civic and a complete pain, in the states they are mad for it but would have had a lot of arch work done

i take it the wheels were a very low off set? most 8j/9j 15inch wheels have very low off sets, there are very few wheels that offer a bigger offset in these but these track wheels im going for offer a bigger offset which is perfect for putting a wider tire on, i supose it will be trial and error ill give the 225's a go and post the results here :) this is how the 8js with 225's fit on a civic with rolled arch

429222_326665387384195_1604888360_n_zps6

Personally on a civic the ideal fitment IMO is 16x7 +42, on a Glanza im using 15x6.5 and have had my arches rolled and used spacers to get the tyre flush with the arch for the perfect stance

A wider tyre doesn't give you more grip either by the way, only creates drag.

The cruise demo glanza used to run a 225 profile, on Advan RG rims I think, that might be worth a look.

A wider tyre doesn't give you more grip either by the way, only creates drag. The cruise demo glanza used to run a 225 profile, on Advan RG rims I think, that might be worth a look.

correct but will give me gains in the corners round knockhill, im going to try it my self as i havent seen any 1 else using these wheels and tire combo

Your choice dude but personally i think they would piss you off, especially doing track time the tyre would constantly be hitting the arch, and as Adam pointed out it will create more drag, if 8J's were the way forward then you wouldn't be asking these questions, fact is its an uncommon size due to hassle...

• 1 month later...