Help needed with ride height!

Hey guys, I don't know if this has been brought up or not on this forum but I seem to have a problem with uneven ride height. When I had lowering springs, it seemed fine. However, when I installed D2 coilovers I noticed the ride height on the passenger side (right hand drive EP91) was slightly higher than the drivers side. When the D2s crapped out on me, I changed to BCs, but same issue.

I tried doing a little research and found these two links over at TGTT

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-65886.html

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?2493-What-is-a-Panhard-Rod

According to those, having an adjustable panhard rod should fix this issue?

Is there anyone else who has had this issue?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

V

PS - I'll try and get some pictures up ASAP. Its pouring like a b*tch right now.

An adjustable panhard rod will only bring the alignment back central, so that the drivers side wheel is not sticking out past the arch compared with the passenger side which will be inside the arch. It has no baring on ride height.

Where the items brand new when you brought them? If second hand it takes good skill to set both sides of the axle at the same height due to different weight variations. The best thing is to get the car corner weighted to ensure that there is an even amount of weight on each side of each axle. However you will still find that both sides will be unequal in terms of height, its what is best for best handling. So a compromise has to be made.

Ok firstly relax. The rear axle sits alittle to the drivers side naturely. This means when u lower it it scraps the drivers rear arch. Plus when u look at it or measure it the drivers side wheel is always closer to the arch. The adjustable panhard rod fixes this by letting u put the axle more to the passenger side. In the mean time u can just tighten the spring abit on the drivers side or ban fat chicks

An adjustable panhard rod will only bring the alignment back central, so that the drivers side wheel is not sticking out past the arch compared with the passenger side which will be inside the arch. It has no baring on ride height.

Where the items brand new when you brought them? If second hand it takes good skill to set both sides of the axle at the same height due to different weight variations. The best thing is to get the car corner weighted to ensure that there is an even amount of weight on each side of each axle. However you will still find that both sides will be unequal in terms of height, its what is best for best handling. So a compromise has to be made.

Yes, the items are brand new. The BCs are only about 2 weeks old. Any suggestions on how to corner weight the car?

Ok firstly relax. The rear axle sits alittle to the drivers side naturely. This means when u lower it it scraps the drivers rear arch. Plus when u look at it or measure it the drivers side wheel is always closer to the arch. The adjustable panhard rod fixes this by letting u put the axle more to the passenger side. In the mean time u can just tighten the spring abit on the drivers side or ban fat chicks

So the panhard rod does make a difference?