Ive been looking into getting a rolla inlet for my 97sportif. Went up me local salvage yard the other day but the corolla they had has now gone :lol: Went to toyota and They say that the one on my car is a 17101-11330 and that the corolla one i want is the 17101-11370. Can anyone say that there right?

Apparently there £118 +vat new which tbh aint bad.

Thanks in advance

Adrian

Bet that 'Yup' wasnt very helpful Barney lol.

More constructive posting please Idrees.

Even you were a noob once so please help others if you can help them with advice.

The rolla manifold is a good improvement over the standard manifold found on your starlet which I bet feels empty at times acceleration wise.

It improves throttle response slightly and will increase your acceleration capability well also.

It does not promote top end power, it improves the low and midrange torque.

It produces a nice induction sound at higher revs.

You can achieve higher revs more easily if you so wish (reaching the limiter)

It is quite easy to install yourself rather than paying £££ for a garage to do it.

It can be rebored along with a matching rebored throttlebody for more airflow.

Use your old 4efe throttlebody with it (has the sensors for your car), so if you buy it in the scrapyard you do not need the throttlebody on it if it has one (maybe keep for spares)

Expect to pay around the £50 mark, they can be gotten cheaper if you hunt around but don't feel hard done by if you pay £50 notes.

It is one of the most worthwhile stage 1 mods you can do to your n/a starlet at little expense and will make your car more drivable and fun.

If used with the standard airbox I highly recommend a k&n panel filter upgrade over the standard paper one.

Please search the site for more info as this is a topic that has been covered many times before :rolleyes:

Hope this helps Barney.

Joz

• 3 weeks later...

This seems a pretty interesting thread, and I am quite interested in doing this but as I have very limited knowledge of cars, does anyone know of a How 2 or something on how to do this? Is it pretty risk free for a dumbo? Lol!!

Also, will the inlet mani off any corolla fit or does it have to be a specific one?

Thanks

Stew. ;)

its pretty straight forward

but as with anythign mechanical you need to watch that you dont round off any of the bolts,

you need to remember to bolt an earth wire up to the back of the manifold,

and it needs to be the four branch manifold that has a round plenium

Hey Stew.

This topic has been covered so many times before ;)

Here it is a pic of the specific manifold you are looking for.

Mani_back.jpg

Please do your best to search the site first for anything you want to know as chances are they have been talked about before.

Hope u enjoy the site.

Joz

uksc.jpg Moderating Team