Newbie with a few technical questions

Hi all, im new to the starlet world as i bought my first glanza only 2 weeks ago. Just a few questions I would like to know,

1. My car has a Blitz front mounted i/c, hks air filter, uprated fuel pump, greddy profec spec2 digital boost controller with boost at 1bar on high, blitz bov. - What bhp can I expect from this?

2. When you put your foot flat to floor at low revs with the boost turned on high the car judders, any reason?

3. anyone know where I can get a manual or an instruction print out etc.. for the boost controller?

4. What is it safe to run the boost at?

Thanks all!!

• I'd estimate (with no aftermarket exhaust mentioned) 140-145bhp? Maybe?
  • At low revs? What boost are you making when it judders? Could either be ignition related to faulty leads or distribution cap/rotor (which is quite common) or if you're boosting over ~0.90bar you may very well be hitting fuel cut (since you never mentioned and FCD)
  • Try the GReddy website?
  • Under fuel cut if you don't have supporting fuelling mods like an RRFPR or FCD

he says hes running 1 bar, so it cant be fuel cut.

the juddering sounds like an ignition problem.

try this.... (itll be easy as you have a front mount)

drive the car for about 20 mins so the engine is properly warm, pull over, turn the ignition off.

one of the middle plug leads. is there steam?

if so you need to get the plugs out and try the barrels out (which is a pain in the bum)

f not, then come back and well have another go.

Sorry forgot bout the exhaust! it has a full blitz nurspec exhaust fitted. So what would power be estimated at now? Dont know if it has a decat as im not sure where the cat is in the system? im planning on getting it rolling roaded once I have added a few more mods and sorted the juddering out!

The guy who I bought it off said it was running at 1bar but on the boost controller it has a boost gauge and when boost goes over .90 then it flashes red and says warning and judders, that help anymore? I am going to be fitting a proper boost gauge within the next week as the one built into the boost controller is a bit slow as its digital and its hard to read. Dont think it has an fcd fitted either but I wouldnt know ehere to look for one so not certain, where are they normally situated and is there any easy signs of finding out if its got one fitted?

Yeah i guessed it wasnt a good thing! and guessed the guy was lying bout it running 1bar! tw*t!

Anyway I havnt got a clue how to work the boost controller has anyone got 1? its a greddy profec b spec 2. Any help with letting me know how to reduce the boost would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Thanks starletrick that instruction manual will be very helpfull. I now understand what all the settings do but I still have no idea what to set them to? How can I find out what the maximum is that I can set it up to on hi?

Just takes a bit of time to play with to get the settings spot on.

Brilliant controllers when they work.

The limiter and audiable warning are very handy.

We could all give you our settings but it wont help you because they differ , what turbo you have , other mods and also what the actuator is set at.

Just have a play with it untill it boosts nice and fast and holds full boost without dropping off.