Braw... ill give that a bash when i get back home..

I Got the gearbox from olly a few months back, just getting round to fitting it now.. all has gone well, apart from the cable.. i snapped a plastic bearing when connecting it up so.. gotta wait till tuesday till i get the thing on the road again... cant wait till it is though.. anyone else got a G6 box in their starlets? any info about them?

A few gt and glanza owners use the 6 speed gearbox but havent really said much about them.

Let us know how u get on, hopefully your acceleration will be improved and you will get up to speed slightly quicker at the expense of lower top end speed.

The final drive will also be longer, the first and second gears will be near the same as the 4efe gearbox.

The 6th gear is realistically used for the motorway and long stretches where u are up to speed.

I will find the gear ratios and post them here later.

Good on you for getting it, hopefully it will benefit you.

Joz

I did phone a few breakers a while back Meech but no luck.

I guess I could source one if I really needed but I got other things going on.

It would certainly be worth a try anyway later...

Could get much tastier stuff for the price of a G6 gearbox :rolleyes:

Joz

aye.. i will let you know how i get on.. its tuesday till i get it running... and its only a 1300cc so it was never suppose to have a high top end:P

i do however want lower revs on the motorway... sits about 4000 at 70mph... for me its like im putting far to much strain on the car!!!:rolleyes:

ck

i do however want lower revs on the motorway... sits about 4000 at 70mph... for me its like im putting far to much strain on the car!!!:rolleyes:

ck

that sounds a bit high mine sits at 70 @ 3.5k!!!! so 4k would be about 80 (i would imagine)but i didnt test it on the way home :lol:

yes Tricky... so far for me its been a straight swap.. aye:)

Hmmm... maybe i need to give my car a good servicing then rob.. but.. it does, in my opinion (and obviously yours too) sit a bit high!!:rolleyes:

Cheers people!!

CK

right then!

Its in.. i finally got the part from toyota.. and to be honest.. i dont know whether im happy with it or not; heres why.

The reason i wanted it was so that it would be like an extra gear.. like Blue Icarian Wings said, Instead what it seems like ive got is 6 gears crammed in to what the 5 gears was on the original.. Instead of sitting lower on the motorway.. it sits 100rpm higher in 6th gear.. so its a load of pish that way for me, as what i wanted was 5 normal gears and a 6th gear miles out so that it would save on fuel eccon!

It does go a lot faster in the lower gears though.. gets to 70 in no time atall now... :p dare i go any faster cause a piston will go through the engine ffs:(

So.. my next party peice is gonna be a final drive i reckon.. Where do i go about finding what final drives will go in my gearbox ( the 6 speed one ) I reckon if i change that.. then it would be workin real good....

Was also lookin at bigger engine.. the 3sge engine.. 2.016v NON TURBO... would it fit? and where do i go finding out that sorta information.. Also.. the 6 speed box.. could i use that in the 3sge engine with a 2.0 bell housing...? who knows.. i gotta find out:P

Cheers all !!

CK

There was a TRD Final Drive available but from what I know it seems to be rare or discontinued.

If you want to know more about final drives, enzo would be your man to talk to about whats what.

Wait til he sees this thread as Im positive he had an upgraded or longer final drive in his old ep.

Also keep experimenting with the 6 speed ck, is it a worthy modification or upgrade to have for us n/a guys?

Joz

C'mon then Enzo.. wheres yer bloomin input! :p Need to know what i can do to make it run better!

Is it worthy? well.. in my opinion if what you want is to get more torque and faster acceleration.. then yeah.. ive noticed a difference that way.. in 3rd 4th and 5th.. but, 6th is much the same though.. dont get any benifit.. but, theres more pull on 5th if your wanting to overtake etc etc..

What i want to do though, is change the final drive.. i reckon if i got a better final drive, rather than the 1.6 from a corolla, then it would be a lot better. But, i wouldn't all go out rushing to get a 6 speed box cause its not that much better.. but, ill play with it, and see what i can do, and post up a soloution for ya all;) well.. with enzo's help hopefully! lol

Right.. so, get reading this Enzo! or anyone else that might know?

What other BIGGER engines go into starlets? i mean without to much hassle.. whats wrong with the 3sge engine?

CK

ovelooked this post as ive been bizy

right then!

Its in.. i finally got the part from toyota.. and to be honest.. i dont know whether im happy with it or not; heres why.

The reason i wanted it was so that it would be like an extra gear.. like Blue Icarian Wings said, Instead what it seems like ive got is 6 gears crammed in to what the 5 gears was on the original.. Instead of sitting lower on the motorway.. it sits 100rpm higher in 6th gear.. so its a load of pish that way for me, as what i wanted was 5 normal gears and a 6th gear miles out so that it would save on fuel eccon!

CK

shit i could have told you that from the start bro . . . .

im afraid the diff (final drive) ratios can not be swapped in the C series boxes as the gear that drives the diff is not removable from the shaft, and this shafts diameter varies among the different boxes, which means the other gears which are removeable cant be swapped from 1 to the other

in responce to your question to make a 3s questions

if you have money £1000s) the 3sge could fit but it wouldent be economical where as you have the 3s-gte that offers loads more tuning potential- the c160 gearbox is not compatible with the a 3s bell housing, still these two engines are way too heavy and would screw up the starlets handling even more,

what are you after engine wise bud?

the 3s- ge produced 170 in the mr2

if your after similar power for an NA setup you should be loooking in the direction of a 1.6 4age (160bhp-from ae111 leven) black top engine. it comes with quad throttle bodys and five valves per cylinder even by todays standards its an advanced engine that revs to 9000 rpm!