turbosmart ultragate 38mm wastegate springs

cheers mate! having awful problems with boost atm with it opening at .85bar one time and at one bar the next min! if i run much gain it fluctuates all over the place with a .6bar spring in it atm, had it all spot on holding a full bar through out the revs and now its tempermental lol had to bring the gain back down

Edited by starletburkie

I'm 99% sure the springs are the same mate, or can be interchangeable.

Not a fan of the Blitz DSBC units, I had a solenoid fuck up on me and wouldn't control boost at all, kept overboosting.

Ay mate I know how they work, but even at like 5 boost pressure and 0 gain it would overboost past 1.2 bar lol. Chucked it in the bin in the end, a new solenoid was worth about as much as a whole new EBC.

What turbo is this one mate? I wouldn't say the solenoid is fucked if your able to control it to some extent. Probably just needs fine tuning, remember the colder weather will have an effect as well.

You shouldn't get creep with a lower gain, it should only creep if the gain is set too high. When its too low it will just take a little longer for the wastegate to open, meaning a tad more lag.

I fully understand that mate, with gain at 10% it opens at .85bar and creeps up to a bar up the revs, with gain at 24% it opens at a bar and holds spot on! What I don't get is when it fluctuates when it decides to take a mood swing lol

• 2 years later...