After some advice I have a forged lump consisting of Wiseco pistons and pauter I beam rods, the crank snapped and has caused one of the rods to take a slight bend, whats my best way of rebuilding this engine, the rest of the components are in good order.

I've got a quote on a new rod from pauter which is $225+postage, it's not massively expensive but they are saying they can only do it with the yellow specification card that they came with and I do not have it! Can some one explain to me what my best move is from here on? I've replied to pauter seeing if theres a way around this yellow spec card they need for the weights if not, how can I source a fourth rod?

cheers Toby.

Manufacturer's sell components in a "matched" set so that they have the same mass and have the same diameter journals ( +- quality percentage). Unfortunatly if they are not prepared to sell you 1x rod, the only option is to get another matched set.

Pauter are actually being really helpful, they're asking about where they were brought from when they were brought and codes from the rods to try and source some technical data, I can't find any of that out apart from the codes, I have asked them if I can send them codes/weights etc or even send them the rod or set. Hopefully they will be able to sort me one out I have some suppliers on the lookout for me, some one around must have a blown engine with a salvageable Pauter rod if not! Price works out to roughly £145 but that may well go up after all the specs are worked out, then postage and import duty - Roughly £200 ish lets say, I can handle that that's not a massively bad price.

Good luck in sorting it mate. I would have thought they would have kept their own specs as per the serial number etched on the side of the rods, so hopefully they can identify something for you. Be a pain in the ass if you can't get one, and trying to find one pauter rod is probably quite tricky as most engines will either use scat or pec :(

Yeah, there's definitely a way they say they may be able to repair it also so I've sent them a pic. I think pauter aren't used much because of the cost? There'll be some out there I'm in no huge rush I'm pretty skint and I'd like to get a lot done before putting the new lump in thanks for your info