Fitted walbro, car wont start

Bought a second hand walbro fuel pump and followed the guide on tgtt to fit. Connected the black to black and blue to red. Popped in back in and car wouldnt start. Pulled it back out, checked my connections were all good. Checked what volts are going across the pump while trying to start and it was around 10.4v. Wasnt hearing any sound from the pump when trying to start either

Any suggestions?

Edited by Patches

Doesnt sound promising mate. Should be 12v minimum.

Try taking the pump out and and hold the 2 wires directly onto the battery and see if it works then.

If it doesnt then its a dud. If it does then you have a slight drain in your connections.

Doesnt sound promising mate. Should be 12v minimum.

Try taking the pump out and and hold the 2 wires directly onto the battery and see if it works then.

If it doesnt then its a dud. If it does then you have a slight drain in your connections.

I'll give that a go, i think i read somewhere that i may need to run wires direct from the battery if thats the case :/ will need a kill switch as well i assume.

Yeah im hoping its me doing something wrong jezza. Just my luck haha!

If the car was running at all then the pump should be fine.

What connections did you use?

Try and make sure you have it all working before sticking it back in the tank will save you a load of hassle.

Might sound strange but could something have drained the battery while you were doing the work?

Did you have it disconnected?

I didnt have the battery disconnected, i was using the inside light to see what i was doing when removing it last night.

Im getting 12.7v across the battery. Is that around where it should be? Tried connecting the battery to the pump but nothing happened. I could borrow my bros battery charger if its worth a shot.

12.7 is sound mate.

Tried the pump across the battery and nothing? That isnt half strange that!

Only thing I can think of now is trying a continuity test on the pump itself.

Possible something has jammed the pump? Might sound daft but did you try the connections around the other way? Really shouldnt matter but maybe worth a try.

I tried it both ways but was only using my multi tester cables so it probably wasnt the best connection's.

Im gonna jump out and get crimping connectors and try fitting it again and try hooking it upto the battery with a better connection. If it doesnt work then im gonna just fit the stock one back in for the time being.

Been reading quite a lot about walbros being sensitive to voltage. Kind of annoying if i end up having to run wires from the battery and a switch!

If you didn't disconnect the battery there could be a chance you accidently shorted the wiring out. Check the fuel pump relay mate :)

Im getting 10.4v when im cranking it tho so its not been shorted. Im just going to try new crimping connections and see if it starts. If not im outta ideas

You could try running a 12v feed from the battery and see if it cranks properly. Just a loose wire running outside the car.

Also clean the earth connection if it's traceable.

You could try running a 12v feed from the battery and see if it cranks properly. Just a loose wire running outside the car.

Also clean the earth connection if it's traceable.

I'll give that a go as well. Im assuming its something im doing wrong, cant imagine it would just stop working. Im guessing this may be why the gt had a volt meter in it. I'll let u know how i get on