brought a digital boost gauge that im gonna fit on sat. i need a little help.

there is the 12v ignition switch wire. is this ok to wire up to my turbo timers 12 v wire?

do the earths have to be in the engine or can they be earthed inside?

i have recieved a plastic filter thing that i assume fits between my gauges boost senser and the T-peice that i have to fit to the turbo pressure sensor to filter out any oil vapour, is this correct?

where the hell is the turbo pressure sensor that i have to t piece into? i know its off the inlet mani but i cant bloody find the right one? a pic would be awsome of the pipe i have to use.

thanks for any help.

keiran.

brought a digital boost gauge that im gonna fit on sat. i need a little help.

there is the 12v ignition switch wire. is this ok to wire up to my turbo timers 12 v wire?

do the earths have to be in the engine or can they be earthed inside?

i have recieved a plastic filter thing that i assume fits between my gauges boost senser and the T-peice that i have to fit to the turbo pressure sensor to filter out any oil vapour, is this correct?

where the hell is the turbo pressure sensor that i have to t piece into? i know its off the inlet mani but i cant bloody find the right one? a pic would be awsome of the pipe i have to use.

thanks for any help.

keiran.

Yeah, the turbo timer will live when you turn ignition on.Which is right.

Normally you just wire a normal gauge into the sidelight illumination wire, but as yours is digital like my aem gauges, you want the igntion on live.

You can earth it anywhere inside the car.Just use a tester to find a decent earth.Try the lower parts of the dash panels, where they screw into the door shut.

Inside the driver side footwell,The bottom right dash screw.Normally has a couple of earths to it anyway.

If it hasnt, just scrape a bit of paint off, and run the wire to there.

Yeah the filter stops oil vapour from damaging the gauge.Boost controllers use an inline filter too for the same reason.

And for the t-piece fitting, look at youre inlet manifold.On the far left next to the fpr and idle control valve, its the one on top.Has a vacum line going to it.T into there.

P3170037.jpg

cheers ragger, its all in now. took my boost reading from the dump valve to the inlet though instead as i was advised to not do it on the tps.

As long as youre getting a good reading then fine matey.

I wouldnt take it off the bov though as you will get an un-steady reading id have thought.