Tiger seal advice please - how to stick a mesh grill?

Hi

So I've cut the grill on my n/a and want to add mesh but wondering how best to do it. I have thought a few questions please.

1. Do I need to apply pressure with a clamp to make things stick to tiger seal?

Then where to put it?

1. Thought of sticking it to metal bar in front of engine, as this would make it easy to clamp grill on while tiger seal sets and also there is a large surfae area to stick it to? ... but i'd rather not do it this way as I cant take it off.

2. Shape mesh and stick it to grill direct but thinking this will be hard, as there are only a few mm's of grill edge to stick it to, would this small/tiny surfae area be enough to support the grill? ...I'd rather this route if it will work

what do you think

so 1 stick it to back of this metal bar

Picture254_zps3f5b22a7.jpg

or 2. stick it to the bumper direct

Picture256_zps253eb092.jpg

cheers

Edited by scatter

cheers amjad, I bought some gloves and bought my mesh black...

Gonna do this tomorrow, I took the bumper off to fill and paint and noticed a ridge that I can put seal/mesh in to, so gonna try that first because I really want the mesh to stuck to the bumper so I can take it off when needs be.

Sorry to jump on this thread but do any of you guys have any pics of your meshed grills....would like to have a go myself? Good luck getting it fitted mate!

Have a look at the older pages of my NA thread buddy

When my mesh was fitted, masking tape was used to hold the mesh in place and tiger seal applied to hold it on. Keep the tape on for 24 hours to allow the seal to dry properly

cheers mate, just about to seal it...

Make sure you wear a pair of latex gloves, when I put my wind deflectors on I didn't wear any and my hands were stained for about 3 months !

James

3 months! shit, will make sure I get some gloves on, cheers mate

Sorry to jump on this thread but do any of you guys have any pics of your meshed grills....would like to have a go myself? Good luck getting it fitted mate!

Cheers and no worries mate, best place for it :-)... There are a couple on here http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/42153-mesh-grill-request/?hl=%2Bmesh+%2Bgrill and this is my all time fav starlet http://cars.bazoom.com/uk/gallery/1844-toyota-starlet-ep91

pics up over weekend...

• 3 weeks later...

I've been flat out trying to get other bits done for Japfest mate....but i did have a read through the how2, and its spot on, really in-depth!

Good effort! :thumbsup:

I've been flat out trying to get other bits done for Japfest mate....but i did have a read through the how2, and its spot on, really in-depth!

Good effort! :thumbsup:

Cheers mate, that's good/encouraging to know...Hope you had a good japfest!