starting issue - eml not on when key turned

went to start my ep82 just now and noticed when turning the key after the immobiliser has been deactivated the engine light doesn't light up, which it should, so when trying to start it just turns over but doesn't fire.

deactivating the immobiliser i can hear a small click of it deactivating (as normal) and the immobiliser light goes out (normal) but the engine light should come on at that point along with the other 3 lights in the dash (oil etc.)

Any ideas why this would be?? really stuck where to look? I have checked fuses and all ok. car started as normal yesterday

thanks for any help!

how would i test that?

another note when the immobiliser is deactviated the heaters blow which they don't when the car is immobilised.

Also i have tried bridging the 2 points on the diagnostics connector to get the engine light to flash and the engine light did nothing at all.

Edited by Mimtu

yeah a clifford one, but the only bit that doesn't act as normal when diactivating it is that engine light coming on and of course the car not starting but all other things like heaters blowing etc are acting exactly as they should when its deactivated?

• 5 months later...

Same problem after I changed engine. When I turn key to ignition, there is no check engine light. And when i try to start engine, there is no spark and fuel pump doesn't work. So I removed aftermarket alarm, but it not helps...

• 2 months later...

Just seen that I never updated this thread, sorry gus, was sure I had!

Anyway just in case anyone else has similar situation to this, it turned out to be the main EFI relay that had blown (the EFI fuse was fine, was the actual relay) changed for a new one and all fired up as it should have.