urgently in need of some help.. please help :'(

Right everyone i'm new here so hello.

Recently got a glanza and the gearlinkage that moves the gear sticke forward and back was fucked.

Ordered a second hand one and it was abit longer in length. Put it in and my gearstick sits really back and only goes into gear 1 3 5.. Hmm?

Wrong gear linkage?

Are you waiting on the new one coming? Im assuming the problem is the cable ties that are all over it.

To be fair the cable length is irrelevant it could be a mile long what matters is the length of the parts that sit beyond the spring clip where it mounts on top of the gearbox.

You do realise you have no speedometer either??

Are you waiting on the new one coming? Im assuming the problem is the cable ties that are all over it.

To be fair the cable length is irrelevant it could be a mile long what matters is the length of the parts that sit beyond the spring clip where it mounts on top of the gearbox.

You do realise you have no speedometer either??

Hi there mate, Cheers for the help but what do u mean i have no spedometer? how comes?

I've got this problem too, well similar. Can select all gears apart from reverse, cable just kinks when i go to select it. Can get it if i do it by hand on the box though.

Anyway mate, get a pal to go through the gears one by one whilst you have a look at the cables and selectors to see what going on, you'll more than likely see whats wrong.