Speed limit and boost restriction

am i right in thinking that with no supporting mods if you were to SLD its bad for engine as you dont know about fuel etc ? also how do you remove the boost restriction in 1st and 2nd also if you do this is that bad too ? when i say bad im talking more about whacking a FCD on there and driving like its a N/A seeing what you get outa it.

kinda new to these been hovering the forums taking as much as i can in but only so much soaks up, also i will get an ecu instead ^^ im just wondering :)

Boost restriction is the boost solenoi needs looping, sld I didnt think would affect engine, an FCD would need a rrfpr to balance the fuelling then setup on a dyno. It's very hard to understand what your saying in a lot of that lol.

No mate you can de limit the car without modifying the fuelling, the speed limit is just the law over in Japan as far as I'm aware, just like my work van is limited to 70, you can remove it and everything should be fine

Boost restriction again should be fine,

Remove that as well but I have heard stories of some people hitting fuel cut after doing it, I doubt it though but if so just port the waste gate or go external

No mate you can de limit the car without modifying the fuelling, the speed limit is just the law over in Japan as far as I'm aware, just like my work van is limited to 70, you can remove it and everything should be fine Boost restriction again should be fine, Remove that as well but I have heard stories of some people hitting fuel cut after doing it, I doubt it though but if so just port the waste gate or go external

right cheers , thats what i was wondering if fuel cut/SLD was in place to keep engine okay because of fueling etc but jap speed limit so thats okay :) and boost restriction is okay also and yeah FCD i know about that better to just get supporting mods and ecu but my fountain of wisdom is now updated ;) thank you

Fuel cut is what the FCD removes

Sld removes speed limit

Or if you want your kmh dials to show in mph and to remove the speed limit you need a mechanical speedo converter that goes between the throttle cable and gearbox

Yeah I would go for the latter rather than just an SLD, much easier

As for the FCD, Luke u say if your hitting fuel cut you don't just wanna whack an FCD on and think problem solved, you need to up the fuelling as well to make it safe and in my opinion stop over boost by porting the wastegate or going external, boost should be controllable when mine used to boost creep there was no stopping the boost rising lol