4efte Sulking: Running like it has V8 Cams after 2 months of neglect...

Some of you may have seen this thread on TGTT, but anyway, get help where I can...basically, after not having driven the car in close 2 months the car is running like ass. On start up it is lumpy as...well...a "Cammed" V8, literally shaking the car, and belching out lots of black, rich of petrol smoke. When warm, the idle is even lower (around 500rpm as opposed to 800rpm when cold) and usually stalls...

Now I know it could be the petrol having deteriorated in the time, but I've put in a bottle of Fuel System Cleaner and a Quarter tank of new petrol (was nearly empty before), and no difference. Have also cleaned the Idle Control Valve, no real change. I have been advised to clean my injectors which I will do soonish but apart from that what could it be?

What strikes me is how the runnign condition can go so bad, when previously with the 5efe and 5efhe I had no such issues? True, if it's the fuel injectors I figured the particulates in the petrol that typically would just flow around the injectors, would have settled down on switching off the car, completely clogging the injectors, but it's peculiar. I do not believe it'll be the Ignition system as it's all "newish", the battery is crap really, but it isn't flat, and I have no ECU light on so doubt it's a question of Faulty sensors either. Any and all help is much appreciated, thanks

this could be anything man, ive known new ignition leads to go after a few months of use, check your plugs to see if there is any residue of rust,

after that get some forte engine flush maybe?

you say uve used injector cleaner already yea?

used injector cleaner, some new petrol, cleaned the Idle Control Valve with Carb' Cleaner...:unsure:

I'll go check the plugs/wires/distributor cap now, as well as clean the Injectors...I just don't understand why after 2 months of non-driving it acts like this? My other engines have never done it...

ok, what I can confirm is that the spark plug tubes smell of "damp" and most of them are quite rusty...moisture seeping causing a bad spark? Anyway, I wire brushed each spark plug, and after putting them back in, put some WD40 in them and onto the ends of the Spark Plug Wires. I also removed the injectors, Doused them in Carb' Cleaner and cleaned the surrounding area on the intake manifold. I may check the distributor cap after the WD40 has dried from the Spark Plug tubes..but otherwise, I've just got fuel filter left to check

By the way, does anyone have a spare Fuel Injector O-Ring they can send a.s.a.p? I've misplaced one

ugh, well, anyway, when the WD40 dries out i'll try firing up the car and see what's changed...if nothing, would someone in the area be kind enough to come up and help me with this? I'm getting so sick & tired of the car now...

Ok, an update:

So as I said, I wd40'd the spark plug tubes, wire brushed the spark plugs, wd40'd the spark plug wires, cleaned the fuel injectors....And still the same shit. I touched the screwdriver on the injectors, and it was hard to tell as the rough idle shook the engine loads, but I believe all of them are clicking, so no injector is stuck open...

So where to now? I'll check the fuel filter & pump tomorrow but what am I looking for? And after that what are my other possibilities? I want to change the oil (keep the filter) too for safe-keeping. I think it could be what was stated about the sensors, would make sense - or a cold start sensor that's not turning off? But regardless, it runs SOOO rich...it's driving me mad. Not a single moment's rest with this thing...really getting me annoyed....