Hey guys

Would chips on the back of the crankshaft pulley affect the balance of it as mine is making a wurring noise. I did beat it off with a hammer and then read you should not do this haha

Any help would be great cheers

Yeah it would, you wanna be careful because it will wear the woodruff key and you will be left with a fucked crank that will need a new keyway cut.

Should have used a puller man lol.

Ah balls looks like its gettin parked back up then lol. I know I didn't think at the time =\ are the light weight ones any good? Fensport have them and there considerably cheaper than a genuine replacement.

Cheers

Personally i would stick to the original crankshaft pully as it is harmonically balanced and the lightweight ones are not and they dont have the same balancing properties as the stock pullys.

Alot of people asume lightweight is better without reaserching into things.

Harmonically balanced and harmonic dampers are two different things. The pulley needs to have like a rubber band inside to soak up any vibrations from the power stroke, lightweight pulley's I'm led to believe do not have this, unless you wanna have a custom one made by ATI. Without having a Harmonic damper pulley especially on a turbo engine where harmonics are much greater of that than an N/A engine due to the increase in pressure will wear the thrust bearings in no time.

I would stick to a Stock OEM harmonic pulley, get one second hand for a few quid mate.

Have a read : http://www.atiracing.com/products/dampers/damper_dinan.htmhttp://www.atiracing.com/products/dampers/damper_dinan.htm

Edited by AdamB

Problem is finding a descent one that hasn't chipped and been bashed off.

Are the stock pulleys harmonic dampened then not harmonically balanced?

Cheers guys

Problem is finding a descent one that hasn't chipped and been bashed off.

Are the stock pulleys harmonic dampened then not harmonically balanced?

Cheers guys

got one on the way it was really cheap but on removal it chipped the back edges hoping its the balancing and dampening thats broke in mine and the chips wont make much difference fingers crossed =] if not ill get another

cheers for all the help guys