Whats the best way for me to fit the sensor into the exhaust, does it have to be welded in?

Do they come with some kind of fitting bracket which it screws into, i.e so i drill a hole in the exhaust, fit grommit and then weld it in?

If I remember correctly, it's 36'' back from manifold in the exhaust (turbo kills them if you out them closer), and you simpliy cut a hole out, sit the bung in angling just above horizontal, and throw some weld round it. If you check my build there's a picture

I've only ever had dealings with AEM Wideband, I got mine at a steal of a price though which helps!

They seem to have gone up in price since I last looked at them online too!

I recently had an AEM wideband installed.

It has to be about 40CM (as said above, due to heat) from the turbo and at an angle of 10 degrees minimal (facing upwards).

Other than that it's quite easy to install.

So are we talking metric or imperial? 36 inches away from the turbo will be nowhere near the downpipe; it'll be somewhere in the exhaust system.

Personally I can't see the problem with the lambda being closer as, and correct me if I'm wrong, the factory lambda probe is right next to the turbo outlet on most aftermarket downpipes.

http://www.bosch-motorsport.de/pdf/sensors/lambda/LSU49.pdf

That's a bosch pdf. Page 3 gives installation hints and one of these is "Install at a point where the gas is as hot as possible."

Bare in mind the maximum temperature that the probe above should reach is 1030°C (which is a post turbo temp, pre turbo would likely be 100/150°C higher) and if you're often running over 1000°C post turbo something else will probably fail before the lambda does.

Guess it all depends on the make and model of the probe.