Tell me about your experiences with coilovers!

I am buying coilovers when i have my cash saved up. Should be able to get them in 2 months at the rate i'm saving. Can you all tell me the differences between a factory setup and your coilovers and tell me your experiences you have had, and what you love about your coilovers!

M

D2 are good for the money they cost but are crap compared to the Buddy Club Race Spec I'm running. They are a bit annoying for everyday in the roads but when you need to go fast ... you'll be safe

I'm afraid i cant afford the buddy clubs mate, there wont be a huge difference between them and the D2's on UK roads i dont think. Maybe on the track. D2's will do nicely for me.

Ive got some Tein superstreet coil overs on my car, and even thought they are supposed to be for street use they are still very stiff. but to be honest i dont mind it at all because the difference it has made to the handeling is awesome.

i've had my early spec ones on for 2years and thats on a daily driver that going on rough country lanes everyday and they love it!!

they may be too hard for some people but thats just the springs (which you can change).

all depends if you like it stiff or limp and all over the place i guess :)

i've had my early spec ones on for 2years and thats on a daily driver that going on rough country lanes everyday and they love it!!

they may be too hard for some people but thats just the springs (which you can change).

all depends if you like it stiff or limp and all over the place i guess :)

yer have to say i like it stiff! B)B):p

I'm afraid i cant afford the buddy clubs mate, there wont be a huge difference between them and the D2's on UK roads i dont think. Maybe on the track. D2's will do nicely for me.

Think again buddy. For the roads here in Malta D2's are really hard compared to mine plus round corners not as good neither :p Infact my mate just sold his lol

I've got the second gen of the D2 Coilover, must say the standard setup is way to soft for me. I've now have the preload changed to eliminate more of the bodyroll. Its also very comfy compared to a friend of mine who has tiens... unless he just set them to a harder setting... But as i always say, i cant really compare the D2s because ive only had this set of coilovers and they're better than the Gmax springs i used to have..

End of the day, your choice, your money.

T

I have the version 1 D2's pretty damn harsh :p:p

Not so bad now I have the standard granny seats back in...think thats the only suspension on the car now (in the seats :p:p )

Its all down to if you think you could handle the stiffness...can give you back-aches from time to time