Water pump impeller hitting water pump housing

Just went to put my water pump together, put it in with the gasket and tightened it up. Tried turning the water pump by hand and its turning but the impeller blades as scraping off the pump housing. It's a aisin water bump bought from I'd workz so everything should fit fine :( has anyone else had this problem and how did you get round it?

I had a similar problem with a new water pump from id-works the blades were sticking out too far and wouldn't fit properly ended up getting all new pumps belts etc from Toyota as they are far better anyway the pump is still sat in my garage somewhere lol waste of money

We only use Aisin pumps, they are the same as the ones Toyota supply. If you compare one of our pumps to a Toyota one side by side, they'll look exactly the same.

When did you guys buy the pump (roughly)? We must have sold over 40 of these, I've used them myself a couple of times too. Can you send me a couple of pictures where it's fouling so I can show them to our supplier please?

Cheers

Idrees

ID-Workz

The gasket was in, the housing hasn't been changed either, it's as soon as you nip the bolts for the housing up it starts to rub inside the housing. Will go and get pics just now, I suspect its just faulty unit. Not sure how long ago I bought it iddy, I bought it along with a timing belt kit, oil pump, forged pistons and a gasket set. You may remember as I bought skat conrods from a boy on here then you gave me a good deal on the pistons.

91DFC652-2A86-4B6E-872C-3FBCFB7CBAE1-269

E3609A4D-D659-4269-90A2-A8B07DEC666E-269

5F813611-9110-48C5-852A-782AFD6BA14F-269

The shiny bit is where it's been hitting the housing, you can't really see where the impeller blades have been scraping in the photo, you would have to have a closer look when I send it back

Cheers, I'll get them sent over to our supplier too.

I'll PM you the return address now, if you could PM me your address again please I'll get one sent out ASAP.

Cheers

Idrees

ID-Workz Ltd