Mot failed on lambda being too high

Right just had my mot, it failed on a couple things but they are easily replaced however my car passed the cat test but failed on the lambda test. What could be the problem? The minimum value is 0.970 and max is 01.03, my car read 1.090 on the first test then 1.094 on the second.

What does this actually mean? It failed by a lot or just failed?

Funny you hold say, I've just went out earlier and blocked the exhaust and there is a leak roughly around the front seats area. Going to get my grampa to fix that cause I thought it may have been running lean too but it's defo a leak. Doesn't even want to cut out or anything.

*should damn ipad spell check lol

• 2 weeks later...

If you are running an aftermarket exhaust it could be just the bigger bore draws in more oxygen which slightly reduces the CO2 but will increase the Lamda Value.Or alternatively you could have a hole in your exhaust. Only advice can be is check your exhaust for a hole or multiple holes haha or see if you can find a standard exhaust and put that on if you can cause that what I done and mine jpassed the other day.

Yeh I bought an hks exhaust system and it passed, I used to have a blitz nur spec on but I prefer this hks one. Think my cat is fucked because it passed that test by 0.01 lol it's went up compared to before. Anyway my car is road legal for another year, I'll just decat my car for now and buy another cat for the next test. I also changed my lambda and coolant temp sensors just to be safe ha

Haha just find a more friendly tester, my v had a decat and front exit and always passed the value was very simlar infact to say a pug 307................ weird huh??