In Layman's terms, they make it harder for the Internal Wastegate of the Turbo to vent excess pressure, hence allowing for a greater amount of boost to be run. They also utilise better and more efficient designs for better boost control amongst other things.

HKS are everywhere, JAM are relatively hard to find...Tom's, HRF and others are damn near impossible to find. I have a JAM one for sale, but if you have a Glanza, it'll be the wrong type

ye mate I have a glanza! How hard are they to fit then? Somebody told me it helps stabilize the boost therefore prevent it dropping off at high revs, That right? Also where can you buy them from and roughly how much are they?

thats right it does that, if your mechanicaly compitent it will take an hour or there abouts, its a good idea to take the mounts away from the radiatore and rest it on the top cross member with maybe a mate holding it,

you can buy them from tobys store on the site :p

Tobys store? What stores that? Anyhows I've seen the hks actuators on the staletgtturbo.co.uk website at £85 so i think I will go for one of them unless Tobys is cheaper? I think I should be ok with fitting it, Im not amazing at mechanics but I always get by! will I have to get anything else changed e.g fueling etc...? I have a profec b spec 2 boost controller so im guessing il just have to have another fiddle with that afterwords?

you kidding me? Took like 20mins to swap actuators - it's just 2 bolts to undo, to hoses to remove, one circlip to be removed....replace, then repeat in the reverse order. Ofcourse I don't have A/C which could mae manners easier?

if you want to run at 1Bar, common advice says you should really have a Front Mount intercooler, an Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator...err...and that's pretty much the "necessities" to make sure the engine will be safe with the higher temperatures produced by, and the extra fuelling needed due to running more boost

yeah but then theres that whole thing again.

set up with the vacuum pipe on or off! i set mine to 50psi with the pipe off to be on the safe side till i get to a rr.

doesnt seem to be running very rich though, i dont get any smoke or flames or anything.

• 4 months later...

i have lost my Clips that comes with the hks actuator its so hard to put hat clip on it,

what eles can i use for this replacement ?.

help asap thanks dan

1bar boost , set fpr @ 3bar then get it to a rollers.

Will be safe to drive round with it at 3bar for a while, but dont think long term, you want it rr'ed asap when youre playing with fuelling/ignition.