Sard fpr brand new, noisy and...

Got a SARD fpr from a forum member today, fitted it and had various problems but the main ones was both of the nipples didn't screw in freely they met a point and kind of gripped. This was prior and after to adding ptfe tape.

6D9E079C-94FA-4542-A276-64051737D6B2-128

So I got it fitted as tight as I could and put it in place of my fse sytec. Now I started the car and it's leak free! Seems to fuel spot on after adjusted, giving a really consistent graph on my wideband even better than my fse had given. (plx dm6 wideband gives graphs).

So I go to put my car in its parking spot and I notice an annoying whistling/whirling sound, seemed to quieten down slightly with the fuel pressure being downed but obv I need nearly 4 bar for my turbo.

Afaik it's genuine the seller said it came from rhd jap only thing that looks a little suspect is the surface Finnish in some areas but I looked on the sard website first see how to spot a genuine and it ticks 99% of the boxes!

Td05, It's slightly on the rich side I've just done it with vac off so it's not 4bar on tickover. Not had chance to really get it precise as barely ever hit wot!

Don't think there's vac leaks I'm pretty damn sure it's the reg had my ears on it lol.

My main concern is that I'm so warey of these being replicated that I'm fearing this could be a fake, having said that there's no real reasoning for me to think this.

Sard say check the box for sercurity seal, this had been removed already according to the seller.

Fakes adjuster and thread looks zinc coated mines not.

Something with the sticker but they're not too clear on what to look for.

There's two indents on the front face were fuel rail feed nipple not one, as there should be.

I have the bung in the side of mine that's removable which there should be.

They say to look at the Finnish and in areas I can see minor imperfections.

The reg came with box, instructions, wrappers 2x 1/8 npt nipples and the reg itself.

Hmm I couldn't tell you if its fake or not, but running 4 bar of fuel pressure will be putting a lot of strain on the fuel pump.

I would probably swap it for another fpr, why did you swap from the fse?

It came up at a decent price and I prefer the sard units. It ran 4 bar fine through the fse with no noises. Have seen other people on tgtt and other non starlet forums complaining of similar issues, don't know if they have real or fake units though.

Interestingly the guy on tgtt seemed to think sards did it from new. I really don't want to be running a counterfeit one if it is though, if I find out it is a fake ill be ripping it out in seconds!

Personally I would rip it out, at that kinda fuel pressure and no safety cuts it would only take a slight change in fuel temperature to run the engine lean.

Unless it was brought from a trusted source with proof its always going to be debateable and leave ?? in your mind, all for some jdm points.

Mm possible apparantly it Did come from rhd Japan, according to wideband it's fuelling it really nicely giving me a straight graph at idle unlike the fse. I've made contact with a SARD supplier to see if they can offer any help.

Im going to see if the noise goes away and if I can get the nipples in further I think they're just a bit stuff because of the anodising in the threads. I'm starting to believe its genuine from what I've been finding out on the Internet, it ticks most of the boxes fingers crossed.