High idle?! - how to solve

Hi guys and girls..

Noticed a few people including my self have high idle... After 6 weeks of research and many phone calls and even visits to many mechanics (absolutely clueless 99%) I have since found the answer!

This may be the wrong topic.. But it's late so meh!

So the first question is.. are you running an aftermarket air filter?

If you are... Then this is your problem.. Well.. This is the culprit atleast!

Start the car up and let it warm up to temp, then idle.. What ever that may be! Mine was around 2k mark

Basically there is a small black grommet on the top of the inlet manifold, to the right hand side, almost directly above the throttle body, remove this grommet to find a screw (mine had flat head pattern), you then need to grab a small flat head screw driver, and SLOWLY screw in a clockwise motion!

Do it 1/8th a turn and check results.. Once it's settled down to around 1000rpm - 1200rpm, allow the car to idle for a while letting the ecu adjust fuelling etc etc.. Once it's settled.. Take the car for a slow drive in low revs try not to hit boost! Come back.. Let the car idle again.. Check it's correct.. About 1krpm.. Then again take the car out but this time go for a spirited drive! Using high and low boost if applicable.. Against return.. Check results!

Then once this is done.. If you are not happy with the idle, simply lower it via the idle control valve!

This has worked for me! And I have noticed a huge change.. Not only in fuel economy.. But also how the car responds!

Hope this helps!

Thanks